Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello

Just a quick warning for anyone who has an A6 on Contract Hire via Audi FS or VWFS as mine had it's end of contract inspection this week and the bill they have tried to charge me is unbelievable!

For instance, when the Contenental Tyres wore on the front I replaced them Pirelli's (same size and speed rating) but they have tried charging me for 2 tyres as they are the wrong load rating!!! The fact that the load rating is better made no difference to them!

They also tried to charge me 6.5 hrs labour & £117 materials to repair a small dent on the drivers door which was fair wear & tear so I have had Dent Devils round and he repaired it within 5-10 mins and chrged me £30.00+VAT!

As it happens I am a Contract Hire Broker and a member of the BVRLA so have managed to argue these points and have a 2nd inspection booked BUT if I had signed his inspection I would have been faced with a bill for £997+VAT for a 2 year old A6 with 18,500 miles on the clock!

Please make sure that if you have an end of contract inspection you read their report and do not sign if you do not agree

Hope this helps

Cheers

Nick
    0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 Contract Hire Re-Charge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That Bad........

I have had it the other way, in Jan i changed my leased golf for the new passat, the golf had quite a hard life 85K in three years, the front bumper was hanging off (some kind **** hit me while parked up in a shopping centre and tesco insurance did a pants job of repair) it had also been keyed down the length of the passenger side. The guy came to inspect it, had a quick look round and said it was in great condition, must have forgot his glasses!!!!

It then went straight to auction and we never heard anything back. Poor sod that ended up with that golf.
    0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 Contract Hire Re-Charge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As I mentioned in the earlier message we are Contract Hire Brokers so do see plenty of cars go back and understand the condition they should be in so for this car to get such a huge bill was amazing

We too see cars go back and warn the customer of re-charges but plenty slip through the net

In all honesty Audi got the A6 deal so wrong that it must have cost them a small fortune so reading between the lines they are trying to get some money back in the pot via damage re-charges
    0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 Contract Hire Re-Charge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We get ours through a broker who is a mate of our MD, the golf was actually picked up right at the last minute before auction so i think we were lucky.

In all honesty it was in good condition apart from the bumper and key mark, interior was spotless and it was clean, i did do a bit of touch up on the key mark with a paint pen but it was red and the match was less that perfect, i think my chatting to him while he looked at it helped.

The car before the golf was a MK4 GT TDI and i inherited it about 3 months before return, he guy before me had abused it, it looked like it had been in a demolision derby and even that went back with no issues.

i take care of my co. cars like they are my own but we have a lot of cars that do get abused.

I even bought an ex company audi A2 tdi sport, it was 18 months old with 35K on clock 16.6K new and i ended up with it for £ 3500 - bargin

we rent a few sort terms and we have to really watch the off hire inspection on them
    0 0 0