Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there,
    Can any 1 tell me how long it is from having your pics taken
    to getting a ticket in the post takes , some say 14 days? is there
    a max time ? 48 in a 40 mph plus or minus

ps: its been 14 days so far....so far so good.

cheers for any info.

TTR Woody
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Assuming it was your car or registered to your address, you will by now of had the ticket I am sure. Usually 14 days but if it was for example a hire car then the police need to get the hire company to trace the driver so it may take longer.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy B8 View Post
    I got mine in 3 days 44 in a 40 limit
    Did you asked for proof that the device was calibrated?
    0 0 0

4. gatso 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i was under the impression that they MUST have notified the owner within 14 days max from the date of the offence?
    Regards
    pintpotter
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WHAT!!!! All that for 44 in a 40??? Thats totally insane. That is even below the old 10% + 2mph that acpo used to stick to before they scamera partnerships came into existence in 2002. The only criminals in that case were the idiots that prosecuted you.

With regards the original question after 14 days has passed you should be safe. I think if it comes any later than that you can demand it's void due to not being sent in time. Although it probably wont be long til they change that as well.

I bought a tom tom one recently, then got the pocket GPS world database on it for all the speed trap locations. It's brill!!! Tells me where Gatsos, specs, mobile sites and temporary cameras are. It's either that or laser jammers! Although there was one other option that escapes me.... now what was it..... something about sticking to speed limits perhaps.... no thats just daft!!!
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I never intentionally speed (OK, maybe on a quiet A road). What's the point in driving too fast? You use more fuel and get to spend less time in your lovely German car!
    Last edited by Huweth; 07-02-2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling...
    Passat Sport Estate 2001 1.9 TDI PD
    100k miles
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huweth View Post
    I never intentionally speed (OK, maybe on a quiet A road). What's the point in driving too fast? You use more fuel and get to spend less time in your lovely German car!
    OMG, I'd have to buy (or hire) an S4 if I lived where you lived. Some of the best roads in the country!!!

A bit of interesting light reading here, should help you save your licence
    http://82.0.149.63/dtnb/UK%20DRIVING...G%20E-BOOK.pdf

'96 A4 1.8. For spares now
    '98 A4.........New headache
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Did the IAM test in 2000. It helps you to be more aware of speed, however non of us are perfect and the speed can still creep up. I bought a Snooper S1, which is a fantastic device for alerting you to traffic lights, pelican crossings, auto opening doors, oh and on occasions cell phone masts. The warnings for Gatsos I am not so sure of.

I have a Tom Tom with the PocketworldGPS database. It seems quite good, but TBH even that bleeps to say "mobile camera" when more often than not there is no one there. I know it is warning you that "potentially" there may be a mobile camera.

Really the best policy is not to speed
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
    Really the best policy is not to speed
    Spoken like a true member of the IAM.
    I did mine in 1996 but old habits die hard
    '96 A4 1.8. For spares now
    '98 A4.........New headache
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It does kind of annoy me a little (no offence intended) when people say things like 'just stick to the speed limit'. The vast majority of people are blissfully unaware of their speed most of the time. They drive about with the general flow of traffic and are not strictly keeping to limits. Yet tell them they are speeding and they get all defensive! Almost every single driver breaks the limit. Are we all speeders? No, the limits have been set with the lowest common denominator in mind.

How can we take limits even remotely serioulsy. When last year a road might have been 60 and now it's 30! I would say that they are ideal for an 80 year old woman in an Austin Allegro, with tyres on the limit on a wet road.

Once in a blue moon you do see someone driving at the speed limit, you can easily spot them in front of the 20 or so cars that contain red faced, livid drivers. I was that person for a while (when I was training myself to pass the IAM test back in 2000) and getting from A-B certainly took me ages!
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast