1. high clutch audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi someone said they thought the S4 clutch bites in too high/at the end.

he came from a TT, to an S4 and thought it was too high in the S4 in comparison.

does anyone have any experience with one?

hope it doesnt bite high, my dads renault clio does that! and its a disgrace. i have a leon cupra R and the clutch bites in right at the start - the way it should be for sporty cars. nice and short so you can snap through the gears quickly. and its very responsive - you know exactly where you are with it. as soon as you start to lift the clutch it starts to engage.

when i had to drive the clio for a week, first day i got in it and i though it was broke. revving it it is stays still. u had to let the clutch almost fully in. then when i got my LCR back i almost stalled and was bucking like **** for the first minute getting used to it again.. hope the s4 isnt like that! thats a old grannies clutch.. totally unresponsive.

can anyone clear it up?
    0 0 0

2. Re: high clutch audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    some quotes from reviews

The grabby clutch did give me some issues during the first 1000kms

although the clutch seems to lack feel for its engagement point until you get used to it.

The six-speed manual box (a Tiptronic automatic is available as a خ‚آ�1,000 optional extra) feels notchy and imprecise, while the fierce bite of the clutch pedal makes smooth changes difficult to achieve.

thats that then. another car down. cant believe i cant find a better all round car than a LCR. the S4 has a **** clutch. a lancer evo MR rusts, BMW M3 has **** brakes...
    0 0 0

3. Re: high clutch audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Iv just bought an Audi A6 and that bites really high!! Its done 100k though, but by the sounds of it, it might do 100 more if this is the case???
    0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. High Clutch Pedal
    By Jabez in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 03:26 AM
  2. my clutch is riding high
    By gazza67 in forum Passat - B6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-08-2008, 07:11 PM
  3. High clutch pedal
    By kidalem in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005