Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Škoda’s flagship model, the New Superb, goes on sale in UK showrooms today, Thursday 18 September.
    Priced from just Ł15,490, Škoda’s latest hatchback features everything customers have come to expect from the brand – value for money, incredible functionality, elegant design and high build quality.
    The car will be available with a choice of three petrol and three diesel engines, from the 1.9 TDI PD 105 bhp to the impressive 3.6 V6 260 bhp 4x4 DSG. A new 2.0 TDI common rail diesel engine with an impressive 170 bhp is available for the first time and four wheel drive and DSG gearboxes are also debuting on a number of engines.
    Insurance groups start from a 6E rating on the entry level diesel and 7E on the entry level petrol, both of which are extremely low for a car of this size.
    Three trim levels are available on the New Superb: S, SE and Elegance. Standard features across the range include ESP, seven airbags, front and rear electric windows, alloy wheels and ‘Twindoor,’ a unique system for variable boot opening, never seen in the industry before, which transforms the New Superb from a saloon to a hatch at the touch of a button.
    Robert Hazelwood, Škoda’s Brand Director, comments: “The New Superb is our most ambitious car to date and testimony to our brand’s confidence in the competitive upper medium market. It combines value for money, interior space and engineering solutions designed with the customer in mind in a fantastic package.
    “Beautifully designed both inside and out, the new Superb is a great choice for retail and fleet buyers. More importantly, it is a car prepared for the challenges posed by the current economic climate, reinforcing Škoda’s position as the manufacturer of happy drivers.”
    Please contact a Škoda retailer or visit www.skoda.co.uk for your chance to test drive the car and for information about on-sale events.
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

2. Re: Škoda Superb Goes On Sale 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am no Skoda basha but that is one uglyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy car.

0 0 0

3. Re: Škoda Superb Goes On Sale 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went to look at the Superb today. The photos don't do it justice. It's a very classy looking car. It would look right at home next to the E Class and 5 series.
    The interior is well screwed together and seems closer to Audi quality than VW quality. The rear legroom is amazing. Think A8 LWB kind of thing. I adjusted the drivers seat to suit my 6'2" frame then jumped in the back. Still more room than my A6 has.
    The Twindoor thing is quite clever but selecting the hatch opening could be slicker. Huge boot looks very useful.
    Standard equipment is generous and the prices are surprisingly low. Ł21k for a 1.8TFSI in Elegance trim which includes Bi-Xenons with AFS, touchscreen DVD sat nav with 30GB HDD fr music, leccy seats with drivers side memory, and heated front seats amongst other things.

Trying to persude the other half to go for a test drive at the weekend but she doesn't like the lines on the bonnet!

If I get a shot soon I'll post my first impressions.
    My rides: 2015 Passat Estate SE Business 150PS and a 2011 Fabia vRS.

0 0 0

4. Re: Škoda Superb Goes On Sale 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one it will be interesting to hear your views and to also see some pictures that makes the car look better!

0 0 0

5. Re: Škoda Superb Goes On Sale 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is the one I've been waiting for and at last it's here!

Passat sized (and then some) with a rear hatch. My Passat is a great car, but the boot opening is ridiculous.

Give it a few years for the price to drop like a stone and then I'll be getting myself one of these.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

6. Re: Škoda Superb Goes On Sale 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Dang, that must be a bad photo, it looks 'swear'ing awful there! It's easy for a photo, being one fixed perspective to give an impression quite different to the reality of a 3D object that has a constantly changing perspective relative to the observer, so I'll reserve judgement! I'm pretty sure there're many other ways I'd spend Ł21K though!!

"If a donkey bray at you, don't bray at him."

0 0 0

7. Re: Škoda Superb Goes On Sale 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't get a shot in the Superb after all. My other half thinks the front is horrible so I didn't want to waste the sales rep's time.
    My rides: 2015 Passat Estate SE Business 150PS and a 2011 Fabia vRS.

0 0 0

8. Re: Škoda Superb Goes On Sale 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcK View Post
    Didn't get a shot in the Superb after all. My other half thinks the front is horrible so I didn't want to waste the sales rep's time.
    Well at least someone if the family has some taste, was getting a bit worried then.

0 0 0