1. I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So, i'm cleaning my rear leather seats and notice that the rear centre seatbelt is stuck. It just wont release, so i think, hmmmmmm, i'll pull the seat down to see if that creates some slack to free it. BAD MOVE.

The seat would then not go back up as the seat belt was still jammed and now pulling the seat back down against my resistance. I had no other option than to cut the belt to free it up because i had my two children with me who sit in the back with their car seats. Once cut the belt then worked again. It can still be used except the bit that goes over your lap isn't there as that's where i cut it.

Now, i'm not bothered about the seat belt, we never use it, but it dawned on me today that it will probably fail an MOT. I'm right aren't i?

Any ideas on the cost to replace a seat belt? and i suppose i'll have to take it somewhere qualified to do it like replacing an airbag??

Cheers
    AUDI A4 1.8T QUATTRO SPORTS : 2001 B6

0 0 0

2. Re: I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi Jon

I know this is an old post, but I have exactly the same problem! Did you ever resolve it, without having to change the whole seat back?

Cheers

0 0 0

3. Re: I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    He was last active in 2013. You would be best asking in the model specific sections. Presumably you could buy the belt from a scrap yard and refit.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

4. Re: I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hii Scott

Sadly no, it looks like the belt in this one is built into the seat back and there's no non-destructive way to get into it to change it, unless someone knows different?

0 0 0

5. Re: I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I suppose I could cut the seat back open, but even if done neatly it would be obvious to anyone looking that it had been done, and can you get the belts for this seat anyway? Are they the same as the rear side belts?

0 0 0

6. Re: I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zap View Post
    Hi Jon

I know this is an old post, but I have exactly the same problem! Did you ever resolve it, without having to change the whole seat back?

Cheers
    Wow, I do love a blast from the past!

Yes, I took it to a fella who put a new belt in for me. I dont know who put me onto him but if I remember right he dealt with putting new soft top roofs on cars etc.

Please note, i believe it was the centre belt that got stuck, so maybe different to the side ones.

He is in Hornchurch, Essex/East London. Not sure if they are still there.

I loved that car, but alas she gave me too many problems in the end, was very sad to see her go.

Ended up with an Astra lol

Still... driving a new Jaguar XE R Sport these days so all is rosey 😎

0 0 0

7. Re: I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Yes it's my centre belt, which exactly like yours got stuck in the catch but I then abscent-mindedly dropped the seat forward to get something in the back, not twigging that I wouldn't be able to raise it again as the belts tilt sensor would make it catch.

So did he open the back of the seat up somehow? Mine is most definitely stuck together, nothing comes off or open without a fight! Btw I only asked about any similarity to the side belts as I have a spare one of those already.

0 0 0

8. Re: I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, I got no idea how he did it. Think it cost me a fair bit though. £200 maybe, cant remember.

If you are near this area I can check if he is still there?

0 0 0

9. Re: I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    There are instructions on one of the other forums I have seen. Try googling Audi A4 middle belt removal. You pry away the material on the back and get into a 17mm bolt to replace the belt. I definitely saw a post with lots of pictures.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

10. Re: I cut my seat belt! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hey, I've got it out! Involved detaching and pulling the leather forwards, not the back back. Also have to remove the catch mechanism on the side, and the plastic headrest tubes which you can only do when you have access inside the seat so you can release the clips that hold them in.

I'll post some pics at some point.

Fyi the belt itself is very similar to the side belts, but has a plastic coated metal swivelling guide on it which you can get off but can't put on the new belt as the slot won't allow the mounting plate or belt catch to go through

0 0 0