1. A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone tell me the recommended interval for changing the various belts (timing, drive etc) on a 2004 A6 (i.e. not current model).

I have a horrible suspicion that it's 4 years or 80,00 miles whichever is the sooner , and mine's just over 4 years old.

Tazz
    0 0 0

2. Re: A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    The general timing belt interval is 60k or 4 years whichever comes first. Audi will tell you it's more than that but it isn't.

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    0 0 0

3. Re: A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz070299 View Post
    I have a horrible suspicion that it's 4 years or 80,00 miles whichever is the sooner , and mine's just over 4 years old.
    Tazz
    I think it is still 80k/4yrs for the V6 TDI. They did reduce the interval for 4 cylinder models. That makes my second one due in 20,000 miles.
    Audi A8 - 2015 - 3.0TDI
    0 0 0

4. Re: A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
    I think it is still 80k/4yrs for the V6 TDI. They did reduce the interval for 4 cylinder models. That makes my second one due in 20,000 miles.
    Ouch! So with either answer it's due at 4 years. And I've been quoted £600, although that does include all belts and water pump etc.

Tazz
    0 0 0

5. Re: A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Give Stafford Audi a bell on 01785 250444 and see if they're still doing the belt change all in for 400 notes. Worth the drive to save the dosh.
    0 0 0

6. Re: A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz070299 View Post
    Ouch! So with either answer it's due at 4 years. And I've been quoted £600, although that does include all belts and water pump etc.

Tazz
    I do the v6 cambelt for 350 quid all in. You get a full Contitech cambelt kit: belt, relay roller, tensioner and damper, KWP/Meyle (OEM) watter pump with brass impeller, pump belt + tensioner, aux. drive belt, AC belt, fresh g12 coolant and a diagnostic check. Thats very good value for money as parts cost over 280 pounds on trade from Euro Car Parts and the job takes 4.5 hours! I am based in New Southgate, N. London. Regards, Chris- 077 899 12128.
    0 0 0

7. Re: A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The 2.5 V6 is deffo 80k and recommended at 4 years. You can always take a chance but .................................................. ..........

The price quoted by adamss24 is very good, assuming that the quality of the parts is good. His recommendation to change the water pump at the same time is is a sound idea. It cost me going on for £800 at an independant using genuine Audi bits , but I also needed a new front pulley which was £240+VAT trade!
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.
    0 0 0

8. Re: A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    The 2.5 V6 is deffo 80k and recommended at 4 years. You can always take a chance but .................................................. ..........

The price quoted by adamss24 is very good, assuming that the quality of the parts is good. His recommendation to change the water pump at the same time is is a sound idea. It cost me going on for £800 at an independant using genuine Audi bits , but I also needed a new front pulley which was £240+VAT trade!
    I use Contitech cambelt kits wich come with Littens/INA tensioners and rollers(OEM manufacturers for AUDI). As far as i am aware,Audi does not manufacture belts or tensioners, they are made and packaged for them by Gates...I also reccomend replacing the thermostat while at it but, very few fail and-when it does- its a belt off job...
    0 0 0

9. Re: A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    adams is right, i reckon the stat is dodgy on mine and stays open a little all the time meaning the warmin gup takes ages...
    this is a belt off job...shame im so far away from you adams or id have it round to you for a change
    0 0 0

10. Re: A6 - 2.5 TDI belt change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    80k... you guys like to push your luck.

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB