Notices

User Tag List

Thread: How Can I disable automatic locking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. How Can I disable automatic locking? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I find the automatic locking on my Jetta very inconvenient. I get in and out of the car a lot and have to remove items from the back.
    Is there any easy way to disable this system so that the car only locks when I choose to lock it? I can't find anything in my manual about this.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crabtfn View Post
    I find the automatic locking on my Jetta very inconvenient. I get in and out of the car a lot and have to remove items from the back.
    Is there any easy way to disable this system so that the car only locks when I choose to lock it? I can't find anything in my manual about this.
    this should only happen if you dont open a door within 2 minutes of unlocking the car. if your in the car already and get out of the car to open your boot, there shouldnt be a problem, other than that, i dont know of any way to disable it, its a built in security feature, im certain of it. may be inconvenient, but keeps your car safe

0 0 0

3. Clarification 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By "automatic locking" I'm referring to the feature that automatically locks the doors when the car exceeds 10 mph.

My car is a 2003 Jetta 1.8T.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crabtfn View Post
    By "automatic locking" I'm referring to the feature that automatically locks the doors when the car exceeds 10 mph.

My car is a 2003 Jetta 1.8T.
    aah ok, well thats a built in safety feature, there wont be any way of disabling that im afraid, IMO i dont know why anybody would want to, you only have to pusha button?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A trip to the Dealership for you.

They can disable this feature using their scan tool.

Failing that, anyone in your area have a VAG-COM? It's a 5 minute job.

Personally, I enabled it on my Passat. Stops the sprogs falling out the back and any oiks climbing in at traffic lights!

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    A trip to the Dealership for you.

They can disable this feature using their scan tool.

Failing that, anyone in your area have a VAG-COM? It's a 5 minute job.

Personally, I enabled it on my Passat. Stops the sprogs falling out the back and any oiks climbing in at traffic lights!

i didnt think this was the same as a central locking feature? i thought this was considered a saftey feature, ie cant be removed by vag com or dealer? seems i was a bit wrong then LOL

how did you go about enabling it through vag com? i lock my doors manually at the moment, but if its possible id like to do it auto as you've done on your passat?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I presumed, maybe wrongly, that the OP was based in America as he used "Jetta" and not Bora. But it could be a UK based new Jetta owner so I may be totally wrong!

Anyway, you can enable the auto-lock as follows

Go into;

Central Convenience
    Adaptation

And adjust the following 0 = off 1 = on (I think!)

Channel 03 Auto Lock
    Channel 04 Auto Unlock
    Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds
    Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds
    Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash
    Channel 08 Unlock, turn signals flash

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    I presumed, maybe wrongly, that the OP was based in America as he used "Jetta" and not Bora. But it could be a UK based new Jetta owner so I may be totally wrong!

Anyway, you can enable the auto-lock as follows

Go into;

Central Convenience
    Adaptation

And adjust the following 0 = off 1 = on (I think!)

Channel 03 Auto Lock
    Channel 04 Auto Unlock
    Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds
    Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds
    Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash
    Channel 08 Unlock, turn signals flash
    You are correct, my Jetta is a USA car. It has a trunk not a boot. I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas USA (We used to live in Grimsby, South Humberside)

Are your instructions referring to adjustments that are made with a scan tool? If so, my brother owns a mechanic shop, and has a sophisticated scan instrument that might work.

These doors just drive me bonkers. I have two other vehicles, the Honda Odyssey and the BMW 318 have simple intuitive locking systems, neither locks itself. I just can't get used to the VW. I'm constantly getting out of the car, then having to get back in the front to unlock the rear door.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, yes, my adjustments are/were made using the VAG-COM software from www.ross-tech.com

With access to a shop, you should be fine.

The only part that bugs me is the boot/trunk, I often need to get stuff out and having to go from the front seat to the boot, finding it's locked and then going back to the front seat to open it gets very tedious after a while.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

0 0 0

10. Re: How Can I disable automatic locking? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can the function of locking the doors when driving above 5-10mph only be set up via VAG COM software and if so who can do it around Leeds and whats the cost?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast