Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello All,

New to the forum, so Hi to all first.

I've got a Golf PD100 Tdi and had it serviced at 87500 Miles in December 2007. The service book says its on the Long Life schedule and should be due at 107500 or December 2009 or whenever the display says it needs a service.

The car currently has 93500 miles on it and the warning that it needs service has just come on. That's a bit early (very!) i thought, anyone else had this?

I read somewhere the car works it out from oil quality but I don't drive it hard at all - regularly get 54mpg + on all journeys! and only really use it at the weekends for 50 mile + trips to places.

I've only owned the car since July 2007, but looking back at past history it had the following pattern:

July 04 - 16238miles
    Nov 04 - 26809miles
    July 05 - 44249miles
    Jan 06 - 56671miles
    Aug 06 - 67415miles
    Feb 07 - 78614miles (inc cam belt)

Dec 07 - 87457 (my first service @ VW garage))

Do you think it has come on early because it used to do a lot of miles and generally had 2 services a year?

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks,

Matt

0 0 0

2. Re: Early "2000 Miles" service warning, on too early 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it could be the gge have reset it to year/ 10000 miles and not variable this can be checked by dealer or reset for another year manually.
    hope this helps.

0 0 0

3. Re: Early "2000 Miles" service warning, on too early 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking at the services the car has had in the past, I would say your car is on time and distance NOT longlife. That is why your service light is coming on...

My service book says "longlife" on the front cover but not all cars were on this service pattern from new. The original owners were given the option...

0 0 0

4. Re: Early "2000 Miles" service warning, on too early 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies, it does seem as though it is on the time/distance schedule.

I think I'll replace the oil & filter myself in a couple of thousand miles to be safe.

Cheers,

Matt

0 0 0