Notices

User Tag List

Thread: My annual insurance is 1/3 of what I paid for the car. Howsabout yours?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. My annual insurance is 1/3 of what I paid for the car. Howsabout yours? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Much as I love the Passat - I do find it maddening that my fairly non-descript looking estate is insurance group 15. You can get any number of fairly sporty vehicles at lower insurance groups, and I can't belive that the Passat is a particular joyrider magnet..

I paid over £600 for fully comp, clean licence, 25 years old with 4 years NCD. It is, however with norwich union direct, who are rubbish - no third party insurance on other cars/european cover/anything really.

Insurance has always annoyed me. £600 per year is more than a third of what I paid for the car... someone at the insurance company is laughing- whilst lighting a cigar with my £50 notes..
    Last edited by RickT; 01-02-2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: amended one word, inappropriate language.
    B5 2000 1.8T Sport Estate
    178,000 miles and counting..

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Change insurance company.

I only paid £400 (give or take £30) for my car this year fully comp with my wife as a named driver and I think my Bora is a group 16 car, BTW I am also 25 and she is 24, clean licence and 5years NCB

I think the major difference in insurance quotes is based on where you live.
    My car: VW Bora Sport '03 Tdi 150bhp

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    26 years old, 4 years NCD. Teacher living in rural Devon. Car is garaged.
    My insurance is £440 a year protected fully comp. That includes breakdown cover etc... When I was looking for quotes I used Confused.com I started looking way in advance. Morethan gave me the best quote, so I am insured with them.
    I was a bit gutted to find when I came to take out the insurance, I couldn't get the quote of £330 from another company because there had been a spate of claims on my type of car. The 'guaranteed price time limit' had passed, and their new quote was £500.
    Prices varied from over £1000 a year down to £400ish.

Shop around, and if you see a quote that is much cheaper, you should probably take it there and then. Staying with your current insurer is usually expensive. Also try various options of excess, mileage, overnight storage etc... as this cane also have a big difference.
    Passat Sport Estate 2001 1.9 TDI PD
    100k miles

0 0 0

4. Talking Audi A4 2.6se V6 '96 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I USED INTERNET TO GET QUOTES FROM THE INSURANCESUPERMARKET.COM,IM 37 CLEAN LICENSE,FULL NO CLAIMS WITH CAR PARKED ON STREETAND GOT QUOTED £275 FULLY COMP!WITH £50 CASH BACK WHICH EQUALLS £225!COULDNT BELIEVE MY LUCK!PLUS NO WAITING FOR CERTIFICATE YOU LOG ON AND PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE OFF ON A GOOD QUALITY COLOUR PRINTER AND OFF I WENT TO TAX HER.IVE NEVER FOUND GETTING INSURANCE SO EASY AND QUICK.THE COMPANY THAT THE POLICY IS WITH IS CALLED SWIFT COVER.COM.
    REGARDS
    PINTPOTTER

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm 29 and pay £370 for my Audi A4 sport, and the same before that each year for my GTi Turbo.

I'm with Adrian Flux, they're great and ALWAT match my lower quotes I find when the policy is up each year. Try: www.confused.com

Best off luck.

J.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    should of added earlier that I use the following sites to find the best quote.

www.confused.com

www.screentrade.co.uk (maybe a .com)

Right now I am with privilege, I was going to use Esure but they did not like my age with the insurance group of my car.
    My car: VW Bora Sport '03 Tdi 150bhp

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with Elephant.com, or .co.uk, whichever it is! I find that the second year quote tends to be higher than the first with each company. When the renewal quote comes in with Elephant, we shop around and then tell them we won't be renewing with them because we've got a lower quote. They have matched the new quote every time! Its annoying that they don't give you a fair price in the first place, the companies think that we can't be ***** to go through the hassle of changing insurers every year. But shopping around every year is the best way, pretty sure my quote will be under £300 next time, fully comp for me and the missus. 10 (count them!!) 10 years no claims.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Mine is with the Halifax, I pay it monthly so there is a premium. It is £470, I have 9yrs+NCB (protected) 43 live in Manchester! My excess is only £100. Cover includes some recovery as well I think and legal cover.

I have had cheaper quotes with confused.com. I tend to stick with a known quantity however. I firmly believe you do not get something for nothing.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm 20, live in Bradford and I'm paying £1600 (rounded off) fully comp on an Audi A4 1.9tdi....9yrs NCB and I'm a named driver.....

CONSIDER URSELF LUCKY

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I would say the biggest factors are age and where you live, I pay £300 FC with all the extras legal, protected no claims and I have class one business use.

But I live in cornwall and I'm 34.

A chap on another forum pais £3000 to insure his Golf MK1 Gti which cost £2000!!!

Thats dedication or plain stupidity...not sure which!!!!

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast