1. Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2000 Audi A4 1.9 TDI and have just recently needed to change the front brakes... but....... I don't seem to have, or, can't find the key for the anti theft wheel nuts.
    Is there a specific place Audi might have hidden the key so that I can get the tires off and fix my brakes. Have checked the glovebox and trunk thoroughly I think. Is there a hidden compartment somewhere as I am constantly finding new things in this car??????
    Any help would be appreciated or I will have to try and get one machined which is tricky to say the least and most shops wouldn't do it.

Dave

0 0 0

2. Re: Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try on the pouch with the jack, it's sometimes hidden in there.
    Nothing to see here, move along..

0 0 0

3. Re: Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Checked the pouch and poucj compartment. Also removed the spare and checked there. Bought from a decent place and car has had no problems (other than common stereo and air flow problems).
    Strange such a simple thing can cause such problems. I get a flat and I am up s___ creek one might say until I get this sorted out.

0 0 0

4. Re: Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know this might be stating the obvious, but have you tried the glovebox?

Otherwise, try the dealer, they should be able to order you a new one...

0 0 0

5. Re: Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Obvious is somtimes most overlookd but not in this case. I think I have checked everywhere it could possibly be. I thought perhaps Audi had a place they tucked it in out of the way. A place I wouldn't think to look but I gues not. Will have to either try and get one fabricated at a metal shop or try and find a dealer that can get me one. Being in Sarajevo that is an iffy possibility at best.
    Cheers for the input

0 0 0

6. Re: Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    Obvious is somtimes most overlookd but not in this case. I think I have checked everywhere it could possibly be. I thought perhaps Audi had a place they tucked it in out of the way. A place I wouldn't think to look but I gues not. Will have to either try and get one fabricated at a metal shop or try and find a dealer that can get me one. Being in Sarajevo that is an iffy possibility at best.
    Cheers for the input
    No probs, hope you get it sorted

0 0 0

7. Re: Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2000 Audi A4 1.9 TDI and have just recently needed to change the front brakes... but....... I don't seem to have, or, can't find the key for the anti theft wheel nuts.
    Is there a specific place Audi might have hidden the key so that I can get the tires off and fix my brakes. Have checked the glovebox and trunk thoroughly I think. Is there a hidden compartment somewhere as I am constantly finding new things in this car??????
    Any help would be appreciated or I will have to try and get one machined which is tricky to say the least and most shops wouldn't do it.

Dave
    Have you tried inside the arm rest (some folk don't know it opens, lol)

Ash trays are another common hiding place. (unless you smoke)

On the right hand side of the boot, pull out the pocket and look underneath

Good luck

0 0 0

8. Re: Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its normally in the little black plastic box to the left of the spare wheel in A4s.

0 0 0

9. Re: Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Problem sorted with a large torx wrench, large hammer and a ton of sweat as these things were on pretty good. Cost me 20 euros but the front brake set only cost 55 and putting them on was only 15. So all sorted for 90 Euros.
    Thanks all for the replies and I will check some of the suggestions.

Ashtray >>>>>>>>> I smoke so a no go.

Arm rest opening >>>>>>>> First I've ever heard of it but this car is full of surprises so I will check that out.

Little black box beside spare >>>>>>>> Never seen one and have looked.

Thanks again for the input. A great web site for Audi lovers and I am one.
    Two things that does **** me off is the stereo that goes full blast when it's cold and of course the air flow sensor taking away the turbo normally when I am trying to pass someone. Wifes heart skips a beat on those ones but all part of the experience.

Thanks again

0 0 0

10. Re: Anti theft nut key 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Problem sorted with a large torx wrench, large hammer and a ton of sweat as these things were on pretty good. Cost me 20 euros but the front brake set only cost 55 and putting them on was only 15. So all sorted for 90 Euros.
    Thanks all for the replies and I will check some of the suggestions.

Ashtray >>>>>>>>> I smoke so a no go.

Arm rest opening >>>>>>>> First I've ever heard of it but this car is full of surprises so I will check that out.

Little black box beside spare >>>>>>>> Never seen one and have looked.

Thanks again for the input. A great web site for Audi lovers and I am one.
    Two things that does **** me off is the stereo that goes full blast when it's cold and of course the air flow sensor taking away the turbo normally when I am trying to pass someone. Wifes heart skips a beat on those ones but all part of the experience.

Thanks again
    Your stereo problem is a very common one, on a Concert I'll bet, this is a software glitch which was flashed into the stereo at manufacture, despite thousands of these acting up, Audi are not interested, no change there then!
    The fact you are in Europe may mean you need to go somewhere closer, but if you google OE Electronics of Calne Wiltshire UK, they can replace your flash memory with the updated software which doesn't have the glitch for about €150.
    Hope this helps
    Gazza57

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast