Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    Hello all,
    i have noticed there are lots of questions about ipod integration for Audi models so I will offer some advice on what you can retro fit at this present time.

Q7 mmi high
    Here's the retro fit kit for ami 4L0 055 307 A
    contents
    4L0 055 307 A MEDIA WIRING HARNESS
    WSK 014 720 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    4L0 864 515 A 6PS COVER
    4L0 864 981 E 6PS MEDIA COMPARTMENT
    4L0 898 283 SPRING SET
    WHT 001 250 A PLASTIC PINS
    N 906 986 06 TORX SCREWS FOR MEDIA HOUSING
    4L0 863 269 4PK PROTECTIVE PIECE
    N909 187 01 TORX SCREWS FOR PROTECTIVE PIECE
    4E0 057 785 XX THIS IS THE AMI CONTROL UNIT WHICH YOU NEED TO DOUBLE CHECK FOR THE LATEST HARDWARE/SOFTWARE VERSION PART NUMBER.

OK YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR MMI SOFTWARE VERSION BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE RUNNING AT 3460 AND ABOVE SO I WOULD ADVISE YOU UPDATE TO THE LATEST RELEASE UPDATE 4L0 998 961

Code the gateway for media position 2 and clear all your fault codes and test.
    The ami fits beneath the arm rest and your just bridging the diagnostic wires and most cables at the multi changer which the pre made loom fits lovely.Also you will need your ami lead for the ipod connection

B8 A4 AND A5
    These models with mmi high or the operator controls around the gearstick/centre console can support ami and dension 500
    AMI CONTROL UNIT 4E0 057 785 B,D OR F
    HOUSING 4E0 060 700
    COVER CAP 4E0 060 701
    SPRINGS 4E0 060 702
    DRAW 4E0 060 703
    WIRING LOOM 4F0 051 592 A

B8 A4 AND A5 GENERATION 3 RADIO WITH AUX INPUT SOCKET
    These models can support ami can bus and ipod interface buid week 22/08
    WIRING LOOM 8K0 051 592
    AMI KIT 8T0 057 785
    Also a new glove box is required

A3,TT,A4 UP TO B7 ,A2,A6 UP TO 2005 concert,chorus and symphony 2,rnsd ipod kit interface 20 pin kit single din 8E0051444A

From 2005 double din units chorus,concert and symphony +,rnse and bns 5 supports ipod interface 12 pin double din 8E0051444B

A8 mmi high
    Supports ami and dension 500

AMI CONTROL UNIT 4E0 057 785 B
    HOUSING 4E0 060 700
    COVER CAP 4E0 060 701
    SPRINGS 4E0 060 702
    DRAW 4E0 060 703
    WIRING LOOM 4F0 051 592 A
    AMI FITS IN THE GLOVE BOX FOR A8

A6 mmi high
    Supports ami and dension 500

Build week 22/07 pr number 7d3,8yq up to build week 44/07 ami kit 4E0 057 786B includes fitting instructions

Build week 45/07 till build week 21/08 ami kit 4E0 057 785D includes fitting instructions

WIRING HARNESS 4F0 051 592A fits both units control units

A6 and Q7 mmi Basic Plus (RED SCREEN)
    Supports Dension 500

2010 RNSE UNITS FOR R8,TT,A3
    AMI can be retro fitted
    wiring harness kit 8K0 051 592
    AMI unit 8T0 035 785

NOW ADDED MMI 3G AMI ACTIVATION
    ami lead part number 4f0 035 909 (just check to make sure the securing clip comes with the lead to locate the dock in the glove box)

this lead plugs direct into the 5f control unit so no need to splice wires etc

the glove box has a pre cut position so you can remove the glove box find the pre cut and push the insert out and locate the ami ipod dock

then plug the ami lead into the ami and refit the glove box

now you need to access the hidden menu in address 5f

select address 5f

select adaption 10 channel 6 and set the value to 1 and save

now reboot the mmi using the softkeys

when the mmi comes back on press and hold set up and car until the green menu comes on

scroll down find diagnosis and enter then select settings and then scroll down to ami set this to 7/8

come out of the green screen and reboot mmi

now test the ami

total cost around £170 + vat

Update

Ami retro fit kit official audi p/n 4G0051960 for mmi 3g also if the dealer does the retro fit the code changes via svm will now make the mmi 3g coding permanent
    Hi

I suppose your inundated with queries. I'm new to the forum, I recently purchased an Audi A6 Avant 2010. Got a shock to find no auxiliary input in the glove box to play my iPhone!!!!!
    Can you suggest a solution that doesn't cost the earth to solve. Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have just bought a 2008 A6 Avant Le Mans. AMI is already installed in the glove box along with the CD changer.

Can someone please point me to the correct lead to connect my iPod/iphone to it. My iPhone has lightning connector. I've asked a few sellers on eBay and they say the leads only work from 2009 models onwards? I went into Audi yesterday and the service guy told me they don't sell anything and I'll have to source it myself.

I don't mind if it's lighting + headphone jack, or USB. Whatever works with the MMI integration and charges at the same time. I'm even happy to buy an old iPod if it only works with 30 pin connector (I read somewhere this might be the case.)

Or is there any way to connect a bluetooth adapter to the AMI and have it stream wirelessly and work with the 'tel' system too?

Thanks

0 0 0

3. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You must use the red collar lead and buy an iPod/iPhone with the 30-pin connector. I have just bought an A1 brand new, the MMI using AMI just does not work with lightning connector, even when it is recognized and usable for a small period - then it disconnects and connects automatically and randomly. I guess is an electrical problem between MMI-AMI and iOS.

You can also use the blue collar lead, but that won’t transmit album art to the MMI screen, nor video.
    Last edited by camendoza; 02-01-2018 at 05:49 PM. Reason: fuether info

0 0 0

4. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just bought an A6 2010 and tried to connect my ipod via the supplied cable. Initially the ipod displays the audi symbols but then flashes between a couple of screens and is unrecognised by the car.......anyone have any ideas what is at fault? The car? the cable? the ipod? Any help gratefully received. The ipod is a 3rd gen nano by the way

Neil

0 0 0

5. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi

After reading through 36 pages of AMI info, i am confused as ever.

I bought a used A4 (B8 - 2009) last week and assumed it had an AMI input in the glove box. Unfortunately it didn't. In fact, it has nothing in the glove box part from a spare key holder !

My MMI unit is a 2g high. It has a 6 cd changer in the dash and the control unit around the gears. The DVD sat nav lives in the boot.

From searching around google/youtube/various form's i can't find this combination to gather info about what i need to add an AMI socket to the car.

Do i need the full AMI unit and splitter to the back of the 6 cd changer in the dash, OR am i able to get a AMI cable, and cut a hole for it in the side of the glove box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just been reading through this.

I have just purchased an A4 B8 Model 2009. I has Concert stereo with Sd slot. MMI controls on Stereo. In glove box is unit with 2 Cables, 1 usb & one Ipod 30 pin cable with blue collar. I currently cannot get usb sticks to work but have 2 Ipods. 1 Is an 7th gen Ipod Classic with when I plug in does come up with audi logo but won't play anything but when I press buttons on it you can hear clicks through car speakers & an older Ipod touch 4th gen but all I can get that to do is charge.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

0 0 0

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536