Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    Ok so you have a RNSE headunit, you can buy aux addons from eBay, type in RNSE aux and you should find what you're looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You sir (assuming Chris is not short for Christina!!!) are a gent of the highest order.

Ordered off EBAY this morning!

0 0 0

2. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ok can u help me, I have 2008 a6 4f2 saloon s line with red screen, mmi 2g basic (I think) it has a bluetooth fiscon system factory installed and I have just a single CD player in glove box. I have no aux or other connections. What is the simplest cheapest way so I can plug in iPod into the car so I can use steering wheel controls etc. I'm not bothered if I lose CD player as it doesn't even play mp3's!
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just picked up my 2008 A6 today- read the whole thread and others (confused and my brain s starting to melt) I have the CD multi changer and colour sat nav plus Bluetooth. I have checked and the SW index and the no is- 5140. Would the Audi music interface including-

Audi music interface - part no EO 35 785F
    Ipod adaper-4FO O51 510L
    USB cable- 4FO051 510Q
    Removal key
    Plug and play wiring loom
    Plug and play fibre optic audio bridge connector
    16gb USB flash drive

Is this the right kit for my car?

Thanks
    Steve

0 0 0

4. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone. I am collecting my 2011 TT TFSI on Friday (currently have a Golf). What's the best way to upgrade the entertainment - via Audi? My Golf has an iPod dock and multifunction wheel and the TT doesn't
    Last edited by bambledora; 02-07-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: .

0 0 0

5. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The RNS-E system in the TT can be retrofitted with the oem Audi AMI system...or you could go aftermarket like Dension etc.
    Audi A7, 3.0 TDIQ, Estoril Blue, B&O, LED, Night vision, HUD.

0 0 0

6. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, I've tried reading around this forum and others to find the answer to my query...however I'm getting confused by all the technical lingo and references and am not really sure whether the answer is already out there or not.

i have a couple of questions but they are related...what it really boils down to is what can my car do at the moment in relation to hands free calling and playing the music on my smartphone, and what is the best thing for me to buy so that I can make and receive calls and play my music through my car radio?

i have a 61 plate A3 convertible s-line 1.6 diesel that I bought second hand. I can see there is an input for a cradle of some sort in the armrest and I understand that I can buy the relevant cradle for my smartphone off eBay for around £150 and I assume this would allow me to access my contacts and make and receive calls hands free using the controls on my steering wheel. At present without the cradle the Bluetooth in the car appears to communicate with my phone inasmuch as my contacts do display on the dashboard and I can scroll through them but I can't place or answer calls without pressing the buttons on the phone itself. My music on the phone does not seem to be available at all through Bluetooth alone. Would this cradle also allow me to access and play my music through the radio?

I note the aux input and I do use this to play music but this isn't ideal as I do really want to be able to access and play music, changing tracks, etc without having to touch the phone.

Finally I bought a cable off eBay to plug into the socket in my glove compartment but found two problems with this: 1) I could not plug the cable in because of the tight space either side of the socket and the fact that the cable was effectively at a right angle to the plug itself meaning that there needed to be clearance to one side of the socket to allow room for the protruding cable. The clearance was not sufficient so despite my best efforts to squeeze it it I could not connect it...this seemed very strange but all the cables I have been able to find were of the same design...am I missing something? 2) I have an iPhone s5, am I right in thinking this model doesn't have a compatible cable for this glovebox socket yet? I was going to try a 30 pin to lighting adaptor if I had gotten as far being able to try that!

So, I really want to be able to use my phone for calls hands free and access, control and play my music through my car system. If anyone has miraculously been able to follow and make sense of my post and not lost the will to live before getting to the end, I would be very grateful of suggestions as to what is the best solution for me...is it the cradle, the glovebox socket (and if so, what cable do I need) or something else like a parrot device maybe?

0 0 0

7. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have a 2003 audi with the Rns-d unit. Have found a few old threads but products suggested may be superceeded.

although may seem a bit backwards, I would like to retain the function of the cd changer if possible but isn't a deal breaker. The Denison GW100 was last suggested for retaining steering wheel controls and using phone hands free.

Ideally want a USB port that I can use to charge my iPhone. I have the iPhone 5 which has the new adaptor so would rather just USB port than specific hard wired cable.

0 0 0

8. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    I have a 2007 B7 with RNSE head unit.
    My vehicle has the factory fitted ipod dock in the glove box.
    Any idea if this cable would work?

New AUX 3.5mm Male to 30Pin Female for iPod iPhone iPad Dock Adapter Cable | eBay

I just want to hook up my android phone via the 3.5mm jack plug.

Thanks

1 0 0

9. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all

apologies if this has been covered before but I have been searching all morning on and off but not had any joy!!

i have an 2010 a3 sportback with a Bns 5.0 fitted head unit with gps. The car doesn't have the usb interface or iPod dock fitted which the manual says it can support. The aim is to be able to connect my iPod/iPhone to the stereo and posiibly charge it and maybe control it! My question is whether the head unit has the facility to "add on" the iPod dock and if I can purchase a lead to do this? Also would it need to be unlocked via vagcom or anything? I have the aux in socket by the hand break but it's quite messy with the cables around that area, also it would be nice to hide it all in the glove box, and control it via the head unit controls.

any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance!

0 0 0

10. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    We can supply/fit the Audi head unit/iPod units if of interest, please pm for prices

0 0 0

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast