Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter GE View Post
    Hi, I have purchased a one year old Q7 SE, Bose sound system, off road pack +++ (last Friday) and listed in the specification from the dealer is the "Audi music interface".

I have searched everywhere and can locate no connector for the Ipod ?, I have checked the glove box ,and there is nothing within the center arm rest ( CD changer is in the dash) ?.

Can you advise if this interface is located anywhere else.

Thanks
    Peter
    Under the arm restAttachment 4127
    Last edited by a8 tech; 01-01-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

2. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carole888 View Post
    Hi there ... Ok i need help ... i have an Audi A3 (V Reg 1999) with the audi concert sytem, no cd changer installed - i desperately want to try and connect my shiny new ipod nano to the system, i know you can i just dont know how or what i need ???
    Huge thank you for any help
    available from Audi
    interface 20 pin kit single din 8E0 051 445 ask for this kit for single din concert it will retail at £90

0 0 0

3. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2007 A4 Avant 3.0 TDi with DVD navigation system. How can I tell if (and what) MMI I am running, so that I can get AMI installed for use with an Ipod.
    I already have the 6 disc in the glove box, but I am prepared to lose that for an iPod connection.

0 0 0

4. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    B7 doesn't support mmi so your using rnse colour screen.
    You need interface 12 pin double din 8E0 051 445 A and it plugs into the rnse unit instead of the multi changer

1 0 0

5. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    B7 doesn't support mmi so your using rnse colour screen.
    You need interface 12 pin double din 8E0 051 445 A and it plugs into the rnse unit instead of the multi changer
    Guess that means that I don't get the full function controls then like track/album display etc.........

0 0 0

6. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Correct there will be no id tags but select positions 1 to 5 for all your albums and position 6 will be mix.I have all my albums on positions 1 and 2 and just flick through them as i have yet to add anymore albums as I'm only in the car for 1 hour a day.I have just fitted this kit tonight as a favour (lol) into rnse and it worked with his iphone

How it works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqxur...eature=related

After the iPod has been connected to the adapter, it is interrogated automatically for memorised tracks and the
    presence of play lists. If any play lists are found, they are arranged first in numerical and then in alphabetical order
    as CDs (1 – 5). All tracks on the iPod are allocated to CDC6. For this reason and to simplify use of the play lists for
    in-car listening, it is best to create up to five play lists (e.g. 1 to 5) on the iPod. These play lists can be called up
    directly via the radio or the radio navigation system.
    The iPod play lists are selected, as with a CD changer, using the radio keys. The iPod connection cannot
    display the information about artists, tracks, albums or music categories that are stored in the iPod.
    Tracks cannot be selected according to these sorting and search criteria, and there is no corresponding display
    on the radio or radio navigation system, only the name of the play list currently selected (e.g. CDC3), the
    number (e.g. track 10) and the play time for the selected track (e.g. 00:23).
    Audi audio systems can show only a maximum of two digits as the track number in the display. If a track with a
    three-digit number is selected, the first digit is omitted from the radio display, for example the display ‘125’ on the
    iPod will appear only as ‘25’ on the radio display and where appropriate on the instrument panel. For this reason, it
    is best to allocate only a maximum of 99 tracks to each play list. When CD (BNS 5.0) or DVD (RNS-E) satellite
    navigation is installed tracks 1 to 99 are always displayed for design reasons, even if the play list
    has fewer tracks. If a track number higher than the total number of stored tracks is selected, the play list counts
    from the beginning again. Another characteristic of this system is that under some circumstances, track jumps
    greater than 49 are not possible
    Last edited by a8 tech; 29-03-2009 at 09:58 PM.

1 0 0

7. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thank you

0 0 0

8. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    just retro fitted ami can bus to 2009 b8 a4 concert generation 3 radio.
    parts required
    1 glove box
    2 ami control unit
    3 wiring loom
    4 ami adapter lead
    1 hour to complete and also i have retro fitted 6 disc symphony unit to replace the single disc concert.

0 0 0

9. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    Hello all,
    i have noticed there are lots of questions about ipod integration for audi models so i will offer some advice on what you can retro fit at this present time.

Q7 mmi high
    Here's the retro fit kit for ami 4L0 055 307 A
    contents
    4L0 055 307 A MEDIA WIRING HARNESS
    WSK 014 720 INSTALATION INSTRUCTIONS
    4L0 864 515 A 6PS COVER
    4L0 864 981 E 6PS MEDIA COMPARTMENT
    4L0 898 283 SPRING SET
    WHT 001 250 A PLASTIC PINS
    N 906 986 06 TORX SCREWS FOR MEDIA HOUSING
    4L0 863 269 4PK PROTECTIVE PIECE
    N909 187 01 TORX SCREWS FOR PROTECTIVE PIECE
    4E0 057 785 XX THIS IS THE AMI CONTROL UNIT WHICH YOU NEED TO DOUBLE CHECK FOR THE LATEST HARDWARE/SOFTWARE VERSION PART NUMBER.

OK YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR MMI SOFTWARE VERSION BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE RUNNING AT 3460 AND ABOVE SO I WOULD ADVISE YOU UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION 5150 USING CD ROM 8T0 906 961.

Code the gateway for media position 2 and clear all your fault codes and test.
    The ami fits beneath the arm rest and your just bridging the diagnostic wires and most cables at the multi changer which the pre made loom fits lovely.Also you will need your ami lead for the ipod connection which i dont have the part number to hand

B8 A4 AND A5
    These models with mmi high or the operator controls around the gearstick/centre console can support ami and dension 500
    AMI CONTROL UNIT 4E0 057 785 B
    HOUSING 4E0 060 700
    COVER CAP 4E0 060 701
    SPRINGS 4E0 060 702
    DRAW 4E0 060 703
    WIRING LOOM will add part number

B8 A4 AND A5 GENERATION 3 RADIO WITH AUX INPUT SOCKET
    These models can support ami can bus and ipod interface

A3,TT,A4 UP TO B7 ,A2,A6 UP TO 2005 concert,chorus and symphony 1,2 and 2+ support ipod interface and rnse supports ipod

full kit 8E0 051 444
    interface 20 pin kit single din 8E0 051 445
    interface 12 pin double din 8E0 051 445 A

A8 mmi high
    Supports ami and dension 500

HOUSING 4E0 060 700
    COVER CAP 4E0 060 701
    SPRINGS 4E0 060 702
    DRAW 4E0 060 703
    AMI FITS IN THE GLOVE BOX FOR A8 AND A6 AND A5 AND B8 A4 depending on the glove box you may require a new glove box to fit the ami
    again follow the mmi software reqirements for q7 and the coding of the media postion 2

A6 mmi high
    Supports ami and dension 500

HOUSING 4E0 060 700
    COVER CAP 4E0 060 701
    SPRINGS 4E0 060 702
    DRAW 4E0 060 703

A6 and Q7 mmi Basic Plus (RED SCREEN)
    Supports Dension 500
    was looking at a denzion for my 2005 A6 avant, not the cheapest, so are you saying there is another option?
    thx

0 0 0

10. Re: ipod confusion audi models 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so are you saying there is a cheaper option than buying the Dension for my 2005 A6 Avant?
    thx

0 0 0

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast