1. Golf Match Bluemotion - A Driver's View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As stated elsewhere, I ordered a Golf Match Bluemotion in April and have now had it a week. Here are my initial thoughts.

Specification
    • Steel Gray Metallic with Anthracite trim - The Metallic paint actually dropped the lease cost per month and my dealer showed my both interiors and my Kids would kill the lighter grey.
    • Storeage Pack - This has the draws under both seats, usefull for notebooks etc that I need for work and a lugguage net to stop stuff sliding around in the back. I like a tidy car.
    The Dealer
    The car is a Lex lease and was delivered by Blade in Gloucester. They had the decency to give me a test drive in a standard 1.9TDI and return my calls. Thanks Peter! I have no concerns at all about the service from them which was great from start to finish. The car had 29 miles at delivery, built in Wolfsberg and registered in Peterborough for some reason.

First Impressions
    There is very little noise from either the engine or the tyres. Cold idle has a soft rattle for about 2 minutes when standing, but this becomes almost inaudable after about half a mile. Hot starts are quiet from the off. The ride is very quiet at speed and once warmed up there is vertually no sound when at idle (to the point I thought I'd stalled it).

The low rolling resistance tyres fitted are a 65 profile and would appear to suit the car. The suspension is firmer than the standard Match I test drove but not enough to cause any excessive vibration or discomfort. I did notice some shake when driving over a short section of concrete on the A1/M but it was not a real problem.

The gear ratios are fine. The gap between 2 and 3 is not that large and suits my driving style anyway. Fisrt does tent to flat spot at around 2500rpm but that might just be my foot work as the throttle pivots from the bottom and I'm not used to it.

The gear shift indicator appears fairly close to where I'd change anyway. I've driven to what it says and it gets it right most of the time. It doews appear to be aware of throttle possition as well as road, engine speed and doesn't just indicate early shifts as I have seen on the Civic VTec-E. Obviously it cannot predict the road ahead to it inicates shifts when using gears for flexibility when dealing with multiple hazards.

Real World Economy
    • 5 mile commute from cold, half at 70 - 55mpg
    • 150 mile motorway run from cold including 20 minutes stop/start - 62.8mpg
    Running In Plan
    I was told that any plan for running in would be OK so long as I didn't treat it like a race engine. With plenty of power and the low revs at cruising speeds there is no need to do anything really special.

I will be getting the oild and filter swapped out at around 1000 miles as I have some speciallised knowledge of machining and bearing surface textures.

The body has had 3 coats of Autoglym Super Resin Polish and 2 coats of Extra Gloss PRotection. This went on quickly and water now runs off rather than pooling.

General Stuff - Not specific to Blumotion
    The near side door mirror could do with having the split on it for a wider range when pulling in or manouvering. I could retrofit this but will make that call later.
    The iPod connection does not have adapters for the current Nano - Come on VW, this has been out for 12 months now and all I want is a bit of plastic! The lack of ID3 data is well documented which is a real shame as this works great on MP3 disks.
    Why are ther 6 cup holders in a car with 5 seats?
    The coat hook on the B pillar blocks the rear window when taking a life-saver check of the blind spots. The one on the grab handle is fine though.

More comments to follow when I get more miles on the car. I'll monitor and see if I can answer questions.

Jeff

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    pulsaret Guest
    Can you post some picks?

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The fuel consumption figures you have so far seem to tally with what i got from my demo car. On a run of approx 240 miles of mostly motorway cruising @ 70-75 with approx 20 minutes of town driving I managed an average of 65.6mpg.

That vehicle had done approximately 650 miles when i recieved it and went back with 990 miles on it. Over the time I had it my total average as recorded by the trip computer was 60.2mpg. This included a morning of brisk driving over the moors.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    pulsaret Guest
    Fuel consumption is looking very good,how much better will they get once they have don a few miles?
    Mine is getting built next week and my C1 goes on friday,so SuperTen for the rest of the month,hope the weatheri s kind to me

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsaret View Post
    Can you post some picks?
    Anything specific or just general shots?

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    pulsaret Guest
    Just general

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, here are some pictures...

General Views....

Fuel Economy

Jeff

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    pulsaret Guest
    Looks very nice.Does it look abit lower than a normal Golf? Arn't the bluemotions about 1 inch lower,due to having sports suspension?

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The car is about 15mm lower than the standard model and a little firmer with the Eco tyres as well. I'm glad of the 65 profile.

Jeff

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    pulsaret Guest
    Does yours have the Conti's or Michelin tyres? How are you finding them? Does the grip feel there in the wet?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast