1. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The tyres are Continental Conti-Eco 195/65R16T. There is very little road noise from them and they are grippy enough either wet or dry. I did a very wet cross-country run last week and the road holding was fault less. There were 2 very clear tracks behind me so the water clearing is very good.

I tried a hard stop in the wet from about 30mph (to try and get the ABS to kick in) and it pulled up very well (no ABS so I'll need to find som wet grass!).

Economy overy the frist 1000 miles is 63mpg. I have it booked in for an oil and filter on Wednesday. Shold have done about 1300 miles by then.

Jeff

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1000 Mile Oil Change

I had the car back to my supplying dealer for an oil change at just shy of 3 weeks and 1200 miles. A full oil service was done, total cost £110 and this included a check of the tyre depth (guess what, 8mm all around!) and some other checks that are a waste of time on what is still ineffect a brand new car. Prior to dropping it is I did a check and the oil was the usual black with no emulsification, so far so good.

Post change I did a visual check of the filter and there was some material on the surfaces of the fabric weave. I then broke down the filter and put the filter midia under a microscope. There were a couple of larger metalic particles typical of machining chips / swarf (0.2 x 0.5 x 2.5mm) and a larger number of smaller particles which were a mix of metalics and crystalin forms. A check under the oil cap found some evidence of running marks on the bearing surfaces visible using an endoscope.

Counclusion - The filter appears to be capable of capturing even quite small particles. The initial engine build does not appear to have been cleaned particularly well with machining debris still in it. The sludge residue left in the filter appears to be the very small amounts of material that are from the self-lapping of the bearing surfaces.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    pulsaret Guest
    Are you going to do another oil change before the 10000 mile service?

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No. The plan is to follow the service plan from now on. Based on anticipated use it will be at around 20k.

My concern was around the amount of debris left in the engine and the removel of small particles from the surface layers of the bearing surfaces.

Jeff

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    pulsaret Guest
    Got mine All good so far,done 200 miles and averaging 59.3mpg(all b roads).

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine isnt going to arrive until the end of this month now

Gutted.

Plus I am on holiday when it is supposed to arrive so I am going to have to trust our OAP transport manager to inspect it.

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, here's a mileage summary at just short of 3000 miles in 7 weeks.
    • Commuting - cold starts and 5 miles of stop start - 50-55mpg
    • Long runs, A roads over the Cotswolds and lots of roundabout 62.65mpg (I hate driving in Milton Keynes)
    • Same run and spanking it - 59.9mpg
    • Sustained motorway runs at 70 - 65mpg
    My best so far was a 150 mile run from Gloucestershire to Cambridge via Birmingham which gave 69.9 due to slower cruising traffic on the A14. Sat on flat roads doing 50-60 gave instant figure steady at over 100mpg.

I now have it full of Shell V-Power diesel - lets see what that does.

Jeff

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    pulsaret Guest
    Mine has now pulled up to 60.2mpg(470miles) Let us know how you get on with the Shell V-Power

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Great motors for eco drving. Nice write up.
    Just another B7 Estate

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf Match Bluemotion - A Drivers View 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsaret View Post
    Mine has now pulled up to 60.2mpg(470miles) Let us know how you get on with the Shell V-Power
    Got mine 3 weeks ago this wednesday coming from Liverpool VW waited nearly 3 months for delivery have done 1400 miles very happy so far averaging 63.5 per gallon
    Lot more comfortable compared to previous cars (french and italian) that company have supplied.
    Have got slight wind noise from drivers door seal at anything over 55 mph
    will have to get sorted

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast