Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I don't think i'd ever buy a "normal" golf mk4 gti, the anniversary has ALOT of changes over the standard version (see below).

Anyway, I travelled down to Skegness to buy this after seeing it on Pistonheads with a fairly vague description - 3 owners from new, full VW service history, standard and pretty clean looking. Prior to buying my father and I made a 650mile round trip from Glasgow to go and see the car. Upon arrival we spent over an hour checking the car over, everything from service history to running gear checks was fine, even the common fan resistor problem! The spare wheel has never been used, no parking dents at all, BBS rims still in mint condition.

The car was like brand new, and very well maintianed (services ALWAYS done 10K prior to when they should have been done). The gearbox had been replaces less than 1K ago, new discs and pads were placed 3K ago along with various other bits and bobs. The car is really testiment to how well the previous owners have kept it. Nothing has been overlooked or skimped back on, and the reciepts prove it.

Before buying I phoned the garage it had been serviced in (Mansfield VW), i only had to mention the registration number and the service technician clocked the car staight away, and complemented just how pampered it has been, apparently well over 10K being spent on it by the first two owners (I have yet to check this though).

The car came with all old MOTs, service history, recipts, original dealer plates and stickers, limited edition plauge and all old tax disks.

Two weeks later we travelled down by train and collected the beauty you see below:

Spec:

VW Golf MK4 GTI Anniversary
    Tornado Red (1 of 300)
    41,000 miles
    Full VW Service History (over £3.2K in servicing reciepts!)
    Recaro Le Mans Interior (front and back)
    BBS RC 18" Alloys
    Black tint headlights and headlight protectors.
    Michelin Pilot Sports
    Uprated Discs front and rear.
    6 speed gearbox
    ATB LSD
    180BHP 20v Turbo
    Lowered suspension
    Climate Control
    Electric windows
    Electric mirrors
    Nokia Bluetooth kit
    6 disc in dash changer.
    OBC (It manages 40MPG to work in the mornings!)

Plans for the car:

-Remove nokia car-phone connector module.
    -Fit new mats.
    -Fit Denison Ipod Kit
    -Get it detailed (not that it needs it to be honest!)
    -Keep it well serviced and keep a back stock of OEM parts which are likely to become obsolete.
    -No engine tuning plans whatsoever, its far to good to start tuning it.

Cheers,

Agar

0 0 0

2. Re: My MINT VW Golf GTI Anniversary - Tornado Red 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats mate, it truly is in MINT condition as you described!!
    I was thinking of getting one of these before I got my car, but I couldnt find any decent local ones and didnt want to travel more than 50/60 miles away! But I suppose if you're willing to travel that extra bit (..and then some!) you will do alright!
    Rick

0 0 0

3. Re: My MINT VW Golf GTI Anniversary - Tornado Red 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is the first car ive really travelled for but its been more than worth it. I'd never hesitate to do the same thing again.

0 0 0

4. Re: My MINT VW Golf GTI Anniversary - Tornado Red 
    BennyGTI Guest
    Afternoon ,

I have just picked up on this thread and that is one MINT car, it looks like it is just out the showroom. Well worth it!! Are you going to do any mods your self or leave it as is, e.g remap etc. I would be in two split decisions personally, its perfect already, and very fast for the weight and size. But some do want more ?

Cheers, Ben

0 0 0

5. Re: My MINT VW Golf GTI Anniversary - Tornado Red 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im leaving it 100% standard with the exception of the ipod kit. It'll be cheaper that way, i will be stockpilling a load of parts though so i can keep it in A1 condition.

0 0 0

6. Re: My MINT VW Golf GTI Anniversary - Tornado Red 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    It's just gorgeous !

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged

0 0 0

7. Re: My MINT VW Golf GTI Anniversary - Tornado Red 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Small update: 10.9.2008

Ordered an aftermarket BBS Centre Cap tool off ebay since the standard ones are useless.

Also heres a few pictures i missed last time, plastic covers still on the rear seatbelts from new:

PS Why is there no option to edit my original post, I would like to add the date of this latest update into the title.

VW Golf GTI Anniversary - No. 1268 - 44K Minter.

0 0 0

8. Re: My MINT VW Golf GTI Anniversary - Tornado Red 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is a gorgous car mate! Tonado Red looks so nice and its quite rare in any model.

I have effectivley the same car as you but non anni and I love it.

Keep yours in that condition forever and it will be worth £1000's in years to come!

0 0 0

9. Re: My MINT VW Golf GTI Anniversary - Tornado Red 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice ride was going to purchase one similar before opting out for my Mk3

0 0 0

10. Re: My MINT VW Golf GTI Anniversary - Tornado Red