In my last post i was asking how to fit a supercharger g-ladder to my mk3 golf gti 2.0 8v and got some good advice, so thankyou for everybodies help!!

I have a new problem,
over the past few weeks i have noticed a 'rusty/hissing' sound from the exhaust under load/acceleration and disappears wen letting off the gas!?!?

does anybody know if this problem is a common problem and easily fixed or is it more severe?

The exhaust is not blowing and there are no holes or fractures on the exhaust system, it has become quite embarassing to drive as i tend to now drive around with as little acceleration as possible to stop the noise! lol

I have been told it may be the cat, but less than a week ago it passed the MOT with flying colours so that theory went out the window!

i used to drive a 1.4 golf match and that had the same noise but not as loud, i replaced the cat and it still sounded the same!! im now very unsure that its the exhaust and hoping its not something more severe!!! OH DEAR!

Anyway, if anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it, ure advice would be very much appreciated!!

Thanx again,

SWEI-ACHT
Red MkIII Golf GTI 2.0 8v