Notices

User Tag List

Thread: If Music be the Food of Love, Play on!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
  1. Re: If Music be the Food of Love, Play on! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neerazan View Post
    Apologies for intruding.

I'm into everything from Mussorgsky to Machine Head.

The only type of music I can't really abide is Country & Western.

I am a bit partial to EBM Industrial Metal though.
    NO apologies required & no intrusion commited! I've some industrial stuff, early Pitch Shifter was good before they decided to lay fuzzy riffs over drum & bass with nasal vocals! Industrial, Submit & Desensitized were all ace records, the first two having a clinical drum machine which added to the industrious brutality of the sound. *******izer was a fine & etereally maliacious sounding track from Submit.
    Another industrial classic is Point Blank by Nailbomb, a collaboration by Alex Newport from Fudge Tunnel & Max Cavallera from Sepultura (it's from '94, before Soulfly).
    I've got a few bits & bobs from the early '90s by KMFDM, who I beleive are still going.
    Then of course the obligatory Minstry & Nine Inch Nails. Personally, I always preferred Minstry, they seemed harder & more politically sarcastic (such as sampling hitler shouting 'seig heil' while ranting about the American government & the way society is heading), whereas NIN seemed more angsty.
    Would you say Fear Factory are Industrial? Not that it matters, I don't see why everything has to be categorised!

"If a donkey bray at you, don't bray at him."

0 0 0

2. Re: If Music be the Food of Love, Play on! 
    The land where Spam isn't tolerated, no matter who it's from.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudey Head View Post
    NO apologies required & no intrusion commited! I've some industrial stuff, early Pitch Shifter was good before they decided to lay fuzzy riffs over drum & bass with nasal vocals! Industrial, Submit & Desensitized were all ace records, the first two having a clinical drum machine which added to the industrious brutality of the sound. *******izer was a fine & etereally maliacious sounding track from Submit.
    Another industrial classic is Point Blank by Nailbomb, a collaboration by Alex Newport from Fudge Tunnel & Max Cavallera from Sepultura (it's from '94, before Soulfly).
    I've got a few bits & bobs from the early '90s by KMFDM, who I beleive are still going.
    Then of course the obligatory Minstry & Nine Inch Nails. Personally, I always preferred Minstry, they seemed harder & more politically sarcastic (such as sampling hitler shouting 'seig heil' while ranting about the American government & the way society is heading), whereas NIN seemed more angsty.
    Would you say Fear Factory are Industrial? Not that it matters, I don't see why everything has to be categorised!
    I have both Nailbomb albums, 'Point Blank' and the remastered version with five extra tracks. In fact, I've just dug the album out again after you reminded me as I haven't heard it for ages!

I would consider quite a lot of what Fear Factory do to be industrial but you're right about not pigeon-holing stuff though, it's handy to compartmentalise but not always useful.

I'm a huge fan of Front 242, Ministry, Front Line Assembly, Eisbrecher, KMFDM, Skin Chamber and the likes. My favourite track of all time is 'Burning Inside' by Ministry. They did two truly outstanding albums in my opinion, 'Psalm 69' and 'The Mind if a Terrible Thing to Taste'.

I have to amit I have been going through a thrash phase recently too. 'Vulgar Display of Power' and 'Reign in Blood' have been in my player.

0 0 0

3. Re: If Music be the Food of Love, Play on! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Reign In Blood is an absolute classic! Angel of Death - what a track! Psalm 69 also, there's not a duff track on there, Hero being particularly fine. The riff on the actual track Psalm 69's wickedo as well.
    I remember buying Vulgar Display Of Power in about 1992 on vinyl, it still gets played now, a mould breaking record. I always thought there too many widdly-diddly solo's on it though! That gnarly grinding guitar sound and those chunky riffs though...

0 0 0

4. Re: If Music be the Food of Love, Play on! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What's the track on Nailbomb with the whinging old fart at start, where he's going on about "WC music" & "flush the chain on this one!". It's doing my head in trying to remember. That's a cool track though, I think it's a cover isn't it? Mrs. Dudey's not going to be liking me later, me thinks muchos racketous music's going to get dug out!!

0 0 0

5. Re: If Music be the Food of Love, Play on! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sophisticated Bitch by Public Enemy just popped into my bonce.
    What has happened to hip hip in the 20 odd years since Yo, Bum Rush the Show & It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back?
    All this bling ***** that's all over the place is absolute crap both musically and intellectually in the shadow of these great political diatribes!

0 0 0

6. Re: If Music be the Food of Love, Play on! 
    The land where Spam isn't tolerated, no matter who it's from.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudey Head View Post
    What's the track on Nailbomb with the whinging old fart at start, where he's going on about "WC music" & "flush the chain on this one!". It's doing my head in trying to remember. That's a cool track though, I think it's a cover isn't it? Mrs. Dudey's not going to be liking me later, me thinks muchos racketous music's going to get dug out!!
    It's called 'Exploitation'. My favourite on that album is 'Sum of your Achievements'. It's got a real grinding industrial plod to it. Max Cavalera's lyrics over the top are ace.

Coincidentally, I saw Soulfly in Brighton this past Wednesday. Cracking new album, really reminiscent of Sepultura circa 'Roots' and 'Chaos AD'

0 0 0

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011