1. engine management light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all,yesterday just after i join this forum i took my v6 4 motion out for a drive and the engine management light came on,luckly i have a mate who has one of them fault finding machines.it came back as secondary air valve and lambda sensor with low power.is this a job for a vw dealer or can the average garage fix the problem,i cant afford dealer prices at the minute so would a motor factors be able to get these parts.any help or tip would be great cheers john
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ummmmmm a newbie with probs and guess what, not 1 reply cheers fellow dubbers lol
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome,

Sorry you didn't get a quick reply, sometimes it take a bit longer but hopefully usefull.

The lambda probe should be a striaght forward swap part, but if its low power it may only be a poor connection, so it would be best to locate it and remove the connection and clean the contacts. if its a bit tight, just remove it a couple of time (helps to clean the contacts) and see if the fault re-appeers.

I would apply the same process to the secondry air valve and see if it happens again.

Buy some switch cleaner from halfords as this will help clean the contacts.

Hope this helps you save some money

Rob

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi rob now thats what i wanted to hear,ty are the lambda sensors easy to get to ,ive seen the secondary air valve which is easy to get to,is this a common fault an vw's ,any more tips would be helpfull thanks john
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry meant to put that its been on a vag fault finder and said,secondary air valve had an open curcuit and the lambda's had low power.open curcuit could that be a bad conection or matbe a relay ? thanks john
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not entirely sure for your car, there may be 2 lamda probes one each side of the Cat. As your car a 4 motion i would say that you will need to get under the car to get at it. right pain

I had a Alfa 155 which had the same issue. The probe was ontop of the exhaust just infront of the gear change. impossible to do on the road side but on a garage ramp a 5 min job.

Rob

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks rob i'll have a look tommoz i hope ,weather isnt to good up here at the moment,no doubt i'll be back with more questions, thanks john
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnynonails View Post
    hi all,yesterday just after i join this forum i took my v6 4 motion out for a drive and the engine management light came on,luckly i have a mate who has one of them fault finding machines.it came back as secondary air valve and lambda sensor with low power.is this a job for a vw dealer or can the average garage fix the problem,i cant afford dealer prices at the minute so would a motor factors be able to get these parts.any help or tip would be great cheers john
    Hi Sorry I can't help either, I have the same car and the same problem.
    There are two Lamda Probes as stated.

One question though, do you know where the diagnostic port is? I have asked before on the forum but I still cannot find it? As you have the same car maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Do I have to remove any trim to get to the port??

Thanks and Regards,

Richard

PS welcome to the forum!
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did it say : open circuit- intermitent ? If yes, then its a poor electrical conection, if it sayed: open to ground/ b+, then i would suspect a short/bad relay/blown fuse. Can you ask your friend to scan the car again and copy and paste the fault codes and put them on the forum as different faults give symilar symptoms ! Your Lambda/oxigen sensor is fine, i would look at a dirty air filter, throttle body or blown vacuum hoses...if any. Not too familiar with the v6 petrol engine.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the reading said as far as i can remember,secondary air pump open curcuit code n112 and the lambdas were low power,had all the fuses out yesterday cleaned them and sprayed with wd40,same with the relay,plus had a multi meter across the battery then on the relay terminals,reading 12.38 reading at the terminals on relay 12.30,going to check the relay its self now to see if i can feel it clicking open,will post later the findings thanks john
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast