1. window regulator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does any body know where i can laymy hands on a new window regulator for the drivers side of my mk4 golf in south wales ?and what price should i be looking at for it with fitting..thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: window regulator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They are about £80 to buy from the dealer, dont bother with a second hand 1 as they always go wrong. IIRC they are really easy to fit ,anyone slightly mechanicaly minded could do it. Theres a few torx bolts lots of 10mm bolts and a 4 pop rivets ( to hold the door speaker in) you will need a drill to get the door speaker off the old regulator.

0 0 0

3. Re: window regulator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for that have had the panel off car had to drill out regulator arms so should be the same method for speake .window now held up by timber until i find regulator. what did you use when replaceing drilled out rivets

0 0 0

4. Re: window regulator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ideally new pop rivets of the same size, but depending on available access then it shouldnt really matter so long as its securly held in place.

If you are freindly with any mechanic or anyone with a decent workshop then you should be able to borrow a rivet gun and a couple of rivets.

alternatively go and buy yourself a rivet gun and a box of rivets. you get a rivet gun for £10 on the screwfix website, and a box of hundreds of rivets for around the same, depending on the size and quantity, but you can buy them in loads of places.

Hope that helps a bit

0 0 0

5. Re: window regulator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am a mechanic and have changes lots of these, in sure you get the whole metal plate not just the regulator? My local TPS dealer allways tapes 4 new rivets to the box for me.

0 0 0

6. Re: window regulator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as above he is right you get the complete unit bar the speaker

0 0 0

7. Re: window regulator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    going to get regulator on the plate so hopefully shuold be a peace of p....

0 0 0

8. Re: window regulator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    FYI. I've just had my local VW Dealer replace both front window regulators under their 'VW Goodwill' scheme. The front passenger door window had dropped down (failed plastic regulator!!), and after a little polite dialogue (!), the garage agreed to repalce both regulators (they admitted that this is a well known VW Golf Mk4 weakness).
    My Golf is 6 yrs old, one owner since new, ie me! Has anybody else had success with this approach ??

0 0 0