1. Angry Helix Clutch problems 1.9TDI Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know this is my first real post but, i have had a A3 1.9TDI Quattro for nearly a year. I got it remapped to 170bhp, which i found out after, makes my standard clutch slip under acceleration. So i researched into upgrade options, i looked about a few forums and found that helix did a good organic clutch. So i rang helix and spoke to a nice guy, i told him my engine code and all that. The guy recommended that i also buy a single mass flywheel. So i purchased both. Got the clutch and flywheel fitted a week or so later. when i went to pick it up the mechanic said that the flywheel sounds and feels 'lumpy', but i knew it was going to get a bit rough, but then i drove the car away..... The vibration that came through the tranmission was like sitting on the top of the washing machine on spin cycle. From 1000 to 3500 revs the car was just terrible. i thought, give it a week to bed in, but it only got worse, so i left it back to the mechanic and rang the guy in helix and he was on holidays for 3 weeks, but they said they have never had a case of this vibration. So i thought, put the old dual mass flywheel on, along with the new helix clutch assembly. But when the mechanic tried to mate the two together, they don't fit. So i rang helix again, he confirmed that the clutch will not work with the OEM flywheel, So now i have spent about a £1000 on a flywheel which is un-driveable, a clutch assembly which wont mate with a flywheel, and a load of mechanic fees (you have to take the whole cradle out because off the 4WD)! The guy from helix said it was a problem with the engine that the dual mass was hiding, but the car is well looked after and has 50k on it., the mechanic says the engine is fine, and reckons the flywheel is too light. So the guy in helix said they are developing a clutch which will work with the OEM dual mass fly wheel and they will ring me on tuesday. But it now been over a month with out my audi... i miss it!
    Anyone had any similar vibrations or anyone offer some advice?
    0 0 0

2. Re: Helix Clutch problems 1.9TDI Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no one shed any light? Any help welcome
    0 0 0

3. Re: Helix Clutch problems 1.9TDI Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you did a bit of research about the single mass flywheel conversion, then you would be £1000 better off ! Dont wanna be sarcastic but a Sachs (OEM) heavy duty clutch mated to a Sachs/LUK OEM dual mass flywheel would have worked much better ...
    0 0 0

4. Re: Helix Clutch problems 1.9TDI Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I read a few forums and spoke to the guy that remapped the car, both recommended helix. I had looked at the sachs, but i had been told that it wasnt a huge improvement on the OEM, and that there was a chance it could slip still. But looking back the sachs may have been the easier option.
    0 0 0