Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Is there anything I can do to get the Audi DVD Sat Nav in my 59-plate A3 to accept the last two characters of UK postcodes?

It happily takes "CV34 6" or "B90 4" but then it stops accepting postcode data and asks me to select a road name. My trusty old screen-mounted Garmin accepted the full postcode and house number, and was ready to go. My even older but crazy TomTom did as well.

These days people put the house number and postcode in emails and texts, and it's a bit embarassing to have to reply "Can you send the street name as well, because my sat nav doesn't take the full postcode"

Thanks!
    12-plate Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 TFSi S-tronic Sportback in Ice Silver with DVD Sat Nav, Bose sound system, xenon headlights, Bluetooth, voice control, heated full leather seats, full electric driver's seat adjustment, privacy glass, heated auto dimming power-folding mirrors, titanium grey Rotor-style alloys, auto lights & wipers, and tyre pressure monitoring.

0 0 0

2. Re: Sat nav and Postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Afraid not mate, that's all the system will accept. I think later MMI versions accept whole postcodes though.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

3. Re: Sat nav and Postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Nope RNSE won't do this, I just find it easier to use the street name/number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Sat nav and Postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info guys!

That's a total bummer from Audi, then. For what I paid for my 3-year-old A3, I could have bought a brand-new Ford Focus with a proper sat nav that is designed for use with UK postcodes. And I would have got a heated front screen for those icy winter mornings. I'm beginning to regret trading in my lovely Mondeo Titanium X for this motor. I've given up said heated screen, along with better handling, folding door mirrors, electric tilt/slide sunroof, more items controlled by voice, and seats that are cooled by the aircon as well as being heated.

I feel proper stitched up by Audi now!
    12-plate Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 TFSi S-tronic Sportback in Ice Silver with DVD Sat Nav, Bose sound system, xenon headlights, Bluetooth, voice control, heated full leather seats, full electric driver's seat adjustment, privacy glass, heated auto dimming power-folding mirrors, titanium grey Rotor-style alloys, auto lights & wipers, and tyre pressure monitoring.

1 0 0

5. Re: Sat nav and Postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I've gone for a drive or three and calmed down a bit now. This A3 i still a lovely motor and my Mondy didn't have sat nav at all and it ws getting old, and it had damp and a rattle that no-one could cure, and the new Mondeo is just too big, and the current Focus is so ugly, so on reflection I've done the right deal.

All smiles now!

1 0 0

6. Re: Sat nav and Postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Glad you're enjoying it more now. I know Ford, Vauxhall etc throw more toys in with their cars, because they sell on a value for money basis, but there is just something nice about being in an Audi. It's a nice place to spend a long journey.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

1 1 0

7. Re: Sat nav and Postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Brycie,

Yes the Audi is a great car. It feels even nicer inside now that I have treated the leather seats with some Simoniz Leather Care Cream. I've also put a coat of Auto Glym Super Resin Polish on the roof & bonnet - the light was fading so I'll do the rest after the next wash. Then I might invest in some Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection to seal the polish in.

I was a bit unhappy with the grip so I have junked the nasty Evergreen EU72 tyres that were on it when I bought it and got a set of new Goodyear Asymmetric 2 all round. They score A for wet grip, C for fuel economy and 70 dB for noise. Compared with the Evergreens at C for wet grip, E for fuel economy and 76 dB for noise I think it was money well spent. My A3 used to understeer dreadfully in the wet, but this morning it gripped like it was on rails at the same roundabout where it let go a few weeks ago. I know that I am unlikely to get the wear of Michelins for instance, but my preference is for the kind of grip that keeps my car out of accidents and preserves my no-claim bonus.

So after investing £500 in tyres, I reckon I'm over my pram-toy-ejection due to the sat nav!

0 1 0

8. Re: Sat nav and Postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Glad to hear it, I've got Goodyears all round since Thursday (only just taken my winters off ), albeit some runflat Goodyear Eagle NCT's but they seem decent, gripped well in the downpour today on what I know can be a slippery roundabout. Another happy Audi'ist then :thumbup:

The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

9. Re: Sat nav and Postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sessanta's rock

0 0 0

10. Re: Sat nav and Postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    While looking for some new wheels recently, one ebayer was offering a wheel/tyre package & when I asked which tyres they were, I was amused to hear that they came with Achilles tyres. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't achilles associated with a weak point? Great marketing strategy there!

The Only Way Is A6!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast