Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimS996 View Post
    Just to update this thread...

I'm thinking of installing the RCD510 to replace the RCD300 in my Golf. I would have liked to have the bluetooth working, but as I understand it:-

1 - I need to pay aroun 300-400 for the VW BT kit
    2 - It won't work with my HTC Desire or other Andriod phone
    3 - I'd save a lot of money simply having a Parrot kit attached to it instead

Is this about right or have some changes been made?
    I would like it all to be fully functional but saving about 300 by having a Parrot kit, which does work with my phone seems to make more sense.
    Hi Tim. I just upgraded my old Nokia (which worked beautifully with the RCD unit) to a lovely htc Desire (which is 'not compatible' when you try to pair it. damn!!

on a Skoda forum it says how to install an rSAP patch to make the car see the phone, but the htc simply rejects the CAB file type (cannot open).

now, don't want three phones (I have been routing my works htc Touch through my paired Nokia prior to upgrade, as the rSAP option shuts down the Satnav and other Windows packages i need operating in the Touch if you pair that phone), so need a solution to get the Desire paired!!

someone MUST know a fix... can i buy an upgrade to the car kit? install another patch?? unblock something in the phone?? pull some wires out of the car!!!?? HELP!

thanks

oh and the Skoda site for anyone interested: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/117...e/page__st__60

0 0 0

2. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes the only options with the RCD 510 or RNS 510 to get a modern phone working is to conect a Parrot kit or have the Fiscon BT kit installed to have the headunit fully working and with no add-ons in sight. Only problem is that it is the best part of £400!! With a parrot kit at £100 it's a choice between savings a lot of money or having the headunit fully functional.

0 0 0

3. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimS996 View Post
    yes the only options with the RCD 510 or RNS 510 to get a modern phone working is to conect a Parrot kit or have the Fiscon BT kit installed to have the headunit fully working and with no add-ons in sight. Only problem is that it is the best part of £400!! With a parrot kit at £100 it's a choice between savings a lot of money or having the headunit fully functional.
    Tim, have a look at my other (new) thread on the subject, there may be a small glimmer of hope in the near future with the possibility of an App coming for Desire users...

failing that, I will ask Virgin for a 2nd SIM and power up the Nokia brick again, just to leave it in the car!! how maddening...

0 0 0

4. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was planning on installing the Kenwood unit that VW are selling, but emailed them first to check compatability.

Oddly Kenwood say the HTC Desire is not on their list of compatible phones which is strange as they are using Parrot BT in it and my Parrot kit in my wifes car works perfectly well.

Other thing is, the Kenwood is not and will not be DAB compatible, whilst the RCD510 is/can be as and when VW release the bits, so a bit more future proof.

Had a look at your other thread. I know what you mean.,
    Have to say I think the Desire is too good to bin, a Nokia on the other hand

I think I might have to stick a basic Parrot kit on for now. In about six months the Fiscon BT kit should be cheaper and will work.

0 0 0

5. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum, so this is my first reply. I've just purchased an ex-demonstrator Golf GT (Sept 10) with the RCD 510. I also have a HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire (Wifes).

Both of these phones paired with the unit and the unit has full access to the phone functions.

Both phones are uptodate on software patches.

HTH

Mike

0 0 0

6. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRead View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum, so this is my first reply. I've just purchased an ex-demonstrator Golf GT (Sept 10) with the RCD 510. I also have a HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire (Wifes).

Both of these phones paired with the unit and the unit has full access to the phone functions.

Both phones are uptodate on software patches.

HTH

Mike
    Mike I think you must have struck lucky, either with car or phone, as no one else seems to have achieved this, as phone does not support rsap. What Bluetooth settings have you enabled on the Desire?

0 0 0

7. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Just the standard bluetooth settings. Nothing special! I did ask the garage when I tested the car as I read there were problems and he said something about it not being rsap but hands free profile???

Anyway - it just connected and worked,

0 0 0

8. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I've now had the RCD510 and Parrot CK3100 fitted and very happy with both!

Much better sound quality, works well with the HTC and very cheap compared to the VW kit.

0 0 0

9. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well you've done well with yours. perhaps new vw has different system or It's been configured differently. do You get text messages on dash? voice dialling? Which dealership did You buy your 10 plate from, as they may know something my dealer doesn't.

0 0 0

10. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly2008 View Post
    Well you've done well with yours. perhaps new vw has different system or It's been configured differently. do You get text messages on dash? voice dialling? Which dealership did You buy your 10 plate from, as they may know something my dealer doesn't.
    Hi,

I dont get text messages or voice dialing. It was purchased from Bath Volkswagen.

My HTC desire HD is about 2 months old.

Android : 2.2.1
    Baseband: 12.28e.60.140fu_26.04.02.17_m2
    kernel: 2.6.32.21-g1e30168
    Fri Dec 10 18:43
    build 1.75.161.2 CL301245

HTH

Mike

0 0 0

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast