1. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have any of you had problems with the RCD510 draining the battery ??
    Passat 2.0L TDI DSG 140 sport

MK1 Golf 1.8 16v with Yamaha R1 throttle bodies

0 0 0

2. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello to all. I have a question about the bluetooth unit. Does it connect automatically to the phone when you enter the car or do you have to choose it manually? What if the phone is already connected to a bluetooth headset? Do you have to disconnect the headset and connect it to the car's bluetooth unit?

0 0 0

3. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The phone automatically connects to a phone that it already recognises. If there are two phones in the car (say, me and the boss lady) then it connects to whichever one was connected last time. So if she's been using my car, her's takes preference when we both climb in together. You can direct it to connect to any other phone in the list of those that it it already knows. You can tell it to look for an unknown bluetooth phone of the (very limited) range that it will work with, but it will only do this when the car is stationary. If your phone goes flat the kit will automatically disconnect from it and look for the next phone it knows and loves. Each phone it knows can have its own directory and its own set of six speed dial numbers.

If your phone is already paired with another bluetooth device like a headset, the car kit will not be able to find the phone until you have un-paired it from the other device.
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

4. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks!!

0 0 0

5. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Teflon for more great info. After all my research about getting the right handset, I have just been told that work are going to give me a PDA (with satnav) and I am expected to use that instead of my Nokia handset! I only hope it pairs !!

car currently in build... hoping it will be here by Christmas... ho ho ho

0 0 0

6. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello

I have a passat cc with the 510 unit. my silly question is how do you save music to the sd card. I have some albums stored on sony software that gives the option to copy to cd only.??? Welcome any help

thanks

eddie

0 0 0

7. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Villager,

The following assumes that you have a PC and are reasonably computer literate.

1. Rip whatever music you want to play in the car to either mp3 or wma file format on your computer hard disc. No need to bother with high bit rates, 120 bps is more than good enough for inside the car. If you use Windows Media Player or any similar software which has internet access it will usually go find the album details and automatically tag the files up for you so that the ID's appear on the display when played.

2. Do a file copy of the mp3's/wma's from the hard drive folder where you put them to the SD card. If you want to create different "albums" on the SD card, just create separate folders on the card and give them a name e.g. "Dolly Parton - Greatest Hits", "My Favourite Iron Maiden Tracks" and so on. If you do this the album name will also be displayed on the RCD510 when played.

3. That's it.
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

8. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Teflon

thanks for that. moved the library to Windows no problem after that.

thanks again

eddie

0 0 0

9. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all... ipod update... spoke to main dealer today about ipod fit to my new Passat. MEDIA-IN now available from VW giving access to tracks, album names and playlists... also makes use of radio controls for scrolling... fits to RCD310; 510 and RNS 510 on models AFTER 1 June 2008 (sorry, its to do with software changes).

MEDIA-IN part number 5N0057342 and RRP is £200 incl. you will also need to specify ipod, USB or mini-usb adapter at £20-30.

Off to place my order. will feedback once I have it in.

0 0 0

10. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    MEDIA - IN

I received my new VW Passat yesterday after a long wait... I have had the Media-In fitted by the dealer (their first request!) prior to delivery and would like to offer this appraisal... ITS FANTASTIC. The Media-In appears similar to the old glovebox cradle, in that it is a socket termination in the glove box but that is about the end of the comparison...

You can specify the type of connection you require (ipod, USB etc) and the car will charge the MP3 player whilst in use. Access is really fast, simply select MEDIA-IN from a top nav bar (next to CD and SD CARD). Once accessed, you can choose to play in alphabetical order - and I admit that scrolling in this way to, say, 'S' artists can be slow! - or chose from playlists (not just 4 or 5, all of them! - or select by artist/title etc as you would your ipod/MP3 player.

The display and function remains the same, ie you wont get the ipod style files and images but you will get full track details providing you entered them into the MP3 player.

The MEDIA-IN is £200 list, fitted, and then you will pay £20-30 for an appropriate lead to fit your player. it is worth it.

As for the in-built phone kit, well I had already made sure that my Nokia 6230 would be compatible and have paired it very easily. The only minor problem was that it asked me to enter the SIM code (4 digit) and this through me.... but I got there easy enough. The quality of sound is 10 times that of Parrot, and the performance is increased even more so as the car is sending the call and not the little phone, so signal is much improved (I had been having problems in some areas with cut-out from the Parrot but nothing like with the factory kit. Being Nokia made it is also simple to use.

There is full Highline dash info to scroll through for calls, lets you read text as it arrives, you can dial a new number from the flip out key pad on the dash or make use of the touch screen on the RCD 510 - the display here can be pre-programmed with favorite numbers for 'speed dial'. There is also voice dial but I have yet to try this.

Whilst some have said that the phone kit can be fussy about pairing - and I will test this with my new PDA in January - I can't fault it so far, except perhaps the expense. Whilst Ford offer a low cost option, it does no more than a Parrot kit. This VW solution is very clever. I just hope it is clever enough to pair with the PDA when it comes!!

I hope this helps. now go buy a MEDIA-IN (but be warned, the dealer should advise that it only works on late 2008 onward models - ask for advice).

Oh and VW have changed the dash... you now get the CC style twin dials, with fuel and temp set within them, and the nice white back-lights. nice.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast