Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Is it possible to have the doors lock as the car starts moving, and unlock when it stops? I've seen other posts about this for other cars, but I can't find any information about whether it can be done for the A6. Mine is a 2000 model.

Thanks
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8
    0 0 0

2. Re: Anti Hijack - A6 Avant SE 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes this can be turned on with a Vagcom or similair. However it only locks the car and you unlock it using the internal unlock switch. This is done to prevent the doors opening at traffic lights or junctions. Regards Peter
    0 0 0

3. Re: Anti Hijack - A6 Avant SE 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks.

Do you know what module / settings I need to set? What I'd really like to find somewhere is a "Newbies guide to vag-com and settings" as I've not used vag-com much, and I'm a bit nervous about messing the car electronics up completely in a ham-fisted attempt to change things. If I manage it, I'll have to write a 'how-to'
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8
    0 0 0

4. Re: Anti Hijack - A6 Avant SE 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My old coupe's got a Toad alarm fitted, the central locking/alarm interface locks the car within about 20 sec's of starting the engine & unlocks it when the engine is turned off. You could always just press the lock though!

"If a donkey bray at you, don't bray at him."

0 0 0

5. Re: Anti Hijack - A6 Avant SE 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I was about to say the Clifford alarms do that and I think the feature is actually called anti-hijack

I'm glad the Audi's dont autounlock though

As for Vagcom... if no one replies before me, I will get you stepbystep instructions tomorrow when I get back into the car

I went through the entire menu today in the software and found the feature you want (mine you can set it within the MMI) so I will grab that for you
    0 0 0

6. Re: Anti Hijack - A6 Avant SE 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPicks View Post
    Thanks.

Do you know what module / settings I need to set? What I'd really like to find somewhere is a "Newbies guide to vag-com and settings" as I've not used vag-com much, and I'm a bit nervous about messing the car electronics up completely in a ham-fisted attempt to change things. If I manage it, I'll have to write a 'how-to'
    I can recall someone doing a 'How to guide' for this in the specific 'How to...' section of the forum. I'm sure its in there.
    0 0 0

7. Re: Anti Hijack - A6 Avant SE 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Well what I have learnt is you can't go wrong with it

First thing to do is an Autoscan and save the logfile. That way, you have all the original values in a text file

If anything goes wrong, you have a backup!

Another thing is, if you make a change, just keep a change log in a word document so you know what changes you make (from to). This is so you don't do what I did which is make the change in my early learning days, then found I did it wrong, but had no idea the original number I changed from (as I did not follow the standard suit of adding xxxx to the original number).

Lastly, any numbers of out range, it tells you so you can't put a wrong number in as such

Oh also, a registered full product of VagCom will have a help bubble pop up when you are in a module code box so you actually know what to add to the current code - very helpful.

I've only used it 5-6 times since I've had it and never used it before with no prior experience.

The Vagcom manual on the ross-tech website is useful too.
    0 0 0

8. Re: Anti Hijack - A6 Avant SE 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Central Conv - Coding-07 - Original Val 6859 New Val 6891

The following codes were active on my car. I simply added 32 to the orginal value and the doors now auto lock. Equally, by removing a Binary for the total value you would disable that function.

BinaryFunction 1GB Alarm
    2 Anti theft warning bleep
    8 Anti theft warning system
    32 Auto Central Locking at 15 mph
    64 Comfort function via remote control
    128 Right hand drive
    512 Confirmation close via remote
    2048 Door/Window regulator logic
    4096 Thatchem anti-theft warning

From another thread.

Regards Peter
    0 0 0

9. Re: Anti Hijack - A6 Avant SE 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was not aware that A6s of that model (4B?) had 46-central convieniance? I thought that the coding had to be changed in 35-central locking?
    0 0 0