Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Guys and Gals,

For the first time since I have owned the car, it has decided it doesnt want to start today....Used it last night, and there were no issues at all...
    Engine still turns over (although the battery is pretty low now (11.9v)),
    but she usually jumps into life on pretty much on the button....
    Please if anyone has any first thoughts cos she is beginning to annoy me at the minute with all these faults recently!

Cheers
    James

Was just about to plug it into vagcom for the first time and realised I dont have the right lead (computer end) so have just had to order a new usb one......SO if anyone has any ideas before then, they would be appreciated...without car until then!
    Last edited by SEMKY; 21-07-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: developments
    0 0 0

2. Re: S3 wont start!!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1835 Post(s)
    A fault code read is the place to start.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: S3 wont start!!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks again Crasher!

I took the battery out and recharged....starting problem sorted seemingly....although I am surprised that it would still turn over, and yet not start...hmmm ,

well I have an ABS issue to sort out now....left front wheel sensor replaced to no avail.
    VAGCOM tomorrow!!
    0 0 0

4. Re: S3 wont start!!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1835 Post(s)
    I have had that quite a lot. Last year I had two Golf 4M’s that would crank over and not start and it was a flat battery due to a faulty alternator. The first one caught me out but the second time I recognised the symptoms.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: S3 wont start!!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats very reassuring to hear from the guru....thanks crasher!! I wont make the same mistake again!!!!
    0 0 0

6. Re: S3 wont start!!!! 
    omegadirective Guest
    My S3 has just had to have the alternator replaced. It wasn't charging the battery and cut out whilst driving. Thankfully it started again and lasted until it was taken to the garage to get the alternator replaced!

Did you manage to get a fault code read for it?
    0 0 0

7. Re: S3 wont start!!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully my alternator is doing ok now, its just a crappy old battery that got worn out due to a lot of short journeys. Its ok at the minute anyway!

I got the fault code read done for the ABS fault by the good chaps at Votex, which showed 'right front wheel speed sensor' as the fault. Ordered a replacement from euro car parts on the friday afternoon, which arrived saturday....fitted yesterday...ABS now working

Thanks again chaps!!
    0 0 0