Notices

User Tag List

Thread: airbag error code will not reset. How do I fix *driver side resistance too low*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: airbag error code will not reset. How do I fix *driver side resistance too low* 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Just a general comment. You cannot diagnose an air bag problem by disconnecting the air bag. The air bag can be faulty in two different ways, open circuit or short circuit. Since both faults could be in the wires to the air bag, disconnecting the air bag tells you nothing. Substituting a "good" airbag or a known resistance will tell you if the wires or the airbag are faulty. REMEMBER - AIRBAGS CAN BE DANGEROUS!!!

0 0 0

2. Re: airbag error code will not reset. How do I fix *driver side resistance too low* 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for everyones feedback.
    Since this is my 16 year old daughters VW Beetle that has the side airbag fault, I guess I need to bite the bullet and take it in for repair.
    As you said, airbags van be dangerous.

I'll let the forum know the outcome of the repair

0 0 0

3. Re: airbag error code will not reset. How do I fix *driver side resistance too low* 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    interesting

0 0 0

4. Re: airbag error code will not reset. How do I fix *driver side resistance too low* 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick question about the heat shrink on the wires (I saw on the flickr picture that you had 3 wires on your airbag (older model) as I do)

-How did you re-wire the wires? (Brown to brown, white and brown to brown, etc). I don't exactly want to just wire according to location, as I don't exactly feel like buying a new airbag due to stupidity.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

1. Oil leak from driver side
    By Abuabida in forum Bora - 1998 - 2005
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-04-2017, 08:51 PM
  2. airbag fault reset
    By bora185 in forum VCDS - General Questions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 11:48 PM
  3. how do you reset airbag light?