Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Water Marks on Fabric?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Ruby Guest
    Had the interior of my A6 valeted a few months ago and have noticed the fabric seems very susceptible to water marks.
    A couple of weeks ago, during some very wet weather, my kids got in the back absolutely drenched and the resultant watermarks left are terrible.
    Has anybody any ideas on (a) how to get rid of these marks and (b) how to prevent watermarks in the future,
    Many thanks,
    Ruby

0 0 0

2. Re: Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to get this with my last car. The interior was a dark grey colour and all water marks showed up. The best way I found of getting rid of the marks was to use some upholstery cleaner.

As for preventing these marks, the only thing I can think would be to get your seats scotch guarded (I think there are DIY kits on ebay).
    Cheers,

TheEggShell

0 0 0

3. Re: Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just another B7 Estate

0 0 0

4. Re: Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Ruby Guest
    Thanks TheEggShell and mluton,
    Much appreciated,
    Ruby

0 0 0

5. Re: Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Had the interior of my A6 valeted a few months ago and have noticed the fabric seems very susceptible to water marks.
    A couple of weeks ago, during some very wet weather, my kids got in the back absolutely drenched and the resultant watermarks left are terrible.
    Has anybody any ideas on (a) how to get rid of these marks and (b) how to prevent watermarks in the future,
    Many thanks,
    Ruby
    We have the charcoal grey interior in our A4. The dealer valeted it before we got it and when the seats dried out there were watermarks and what looked like coffee in the seats. We decided to buy a bissell for the house/family/cleaning the drains etc and it has small enough heads to do the car. Did the car last weekend and now it's dried out it's as good as new. The bissell formulas have scotchguard in them so hopefully it will be a little more resistant this time, but now I know I can clean it in about 90 mins it's not so much bother.

If you know anyone with a bissell - suggest you buy them some wine/beer and borrow it

Dan.

0 0 0

6. Re: Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Ruby Guest
    Thanks Dan!

0 0 0

7. Re: Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there,

Alternatively you can use the following products, they are awesome and odourless:

Cleaner http://elitedetailer.com/cgi-bin/hca...cmrid=&cmpid=2

Fabric Guard http://elitedetailer.com/cgi-bin/hca...cmrid=&cmpid=2

Regards
    Elite Detailer

0 0 0

8. Re: Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Ruby Guest
    Thanks Elite Detailer!

0 0 0

9. Re: Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My seats have what appear to be water stains on them (mainly the drivers seat).

Would any of the above products be any use on it, or am I best off trying with a wet-vac type of thing ?

0 0 0

10. Re: Water Marks on Fabric? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    My seats have what appear to be water stains on them (mainly the drivers seat).

Would any of the above products be any use on it, or am I best off trying with a wet-vac type of thing ?

Yes this stuff will sort them out no problem: 303 Aerospace Cleaner (Larger 32oz bottle)

If you want to put a protectant over them then this s great too: 303 High-Tech Fabric Guard (Large 32oz bottle)

Regards

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast