Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 1.9 gl tdi mk3 golf vs. t reg 1.4 306????????????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Unhappy 1.9 gl tdi mk3 golf vs. t reg 1.4 306???????????????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey,just wondering which in your opinion would be faster, as i have just purchased the golf and my friend and i were wondering who has the faster car?also,what bhp does my golf have?(book doesnt include my model)
    Thanks

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    go on to www.parkers.co.uk and you can get all the info you require to get comparing.

Cheers

RicKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate,that website is exactly what i wanted,wish id put this up about 3hours ago,lol.what do you reckon to the race?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    which TDI is it?? 90BHP?? i would go golf.... but.. the golf will weight more than the 306 i bet...

the fact is... which is better to drive!!

Do a bit of research on that site and let us know your findings.

RickT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer,90 bhp.quicker to 60mph,higher top speed.better mpg.306 has 75 bhp.golf is great to drive,you got one?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    no.. Audi A4 B6 2002 and a new Polo... but they are good cars... built better than the french one of your mates..

RicKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    im gunna throw a spanner in the works, as always.... id think the 306 could give the golf a run for its money, dont forget, power doesnt overrule weight, the golf will be much heavier than the 306 which is a naturally lighter car anyway, with the 1.4 petrol being a lighter engine too, id probably ride my money on the golf IMO, a 75bhp 306 with a 90bhp golf, allowing for the turbo lag on the golf, id say to 60mph the 306 would see your golf.

0 0 0

9. Exclamation  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats fair enough.i havnt got my golf on the road,as iv just bought it and it had SORN for the last month.tomorrow hopefully also,my car hasnt been driven for an unknown number of months, im guessing about 3months, and when i got it home,the brakes were awful,but from driving up my lane,they have dramatically improved. i have been advised that the discs maybe rusty, and so i have been trying to burn it off. i havnt yet looked to see if the discs are rusty and/or pitted.any idea what could be wrong?because i cant skid the wheels at 30mph(this maybe irrelevant,i dont know) cheers

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by welshdragon1611 View Post
    thats fair enough.i havnt got my golf on the road,as iv just bought it and it had SORN for the last month.tomorrow hopefully also,my car hasnt been driven for an unknown number of months, im guessing about 3months, and when i got it home,the brakes were awful,but from driving up my lane,they have dramatically improved. i have been advised that the discs maybe rusty, and so i have been trying to burn it off. i havnt yet looked to see if the discs are rusty and/or pitted.any idea what could be wrong?because i cant skid the wheels at 30mph(this maybe irrelevant,i dont know) cheers
    why on earth would you WANT them to skid at 30mph? if this happend, would there be any point in having abs? the idea of abs is to stop the wheels locking up and reducing the chances of skidding, if you are just braking hard from 30mph to skid the car it probably wont happen.

2nd thing is, skidding the car wont mend rusty discs, if its surface rust, itll wear off gradually through use, if the discs are actually pitting then they need replacing, brakes are one of the things you cant afford to take a chance on...

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast