1. RCD510 and RNS510 pin-outs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm just about to pick up a new car, which has the new RCD510 stereo. The dealer told me it was RNS 510 (the Nav unit), but I think he got a bit confused.

Anyway..... first job will be to fit a Parrot bluetooth kit and Parrot Multican, so that I can use the phone with the buttons on the steering wheel. I've done this beofre on the wife's car, but this was the RCD300 radio. I used Autoleads adaptor cables and it was a doddle.

Anybody know if the pin-outs at the back of the RCD510 and RNS510 are the same as the old RCD300?

If not, can you tell me what the differences are?

cheers, Teflon

0 0 0

2. Re: RCD510 and RNS510 pin-outs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They are both Quadlock / Fakra connections so should be the same.
    A6 (2007)TDi SE Avant
    Gone but not forgotten - A4 2.5TDi Avant, Imola Yellow S3 , Golf VR6 Highline

0 0 0

3. Re: RCD510 and RNS510 pin-outs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I know the connectors are the same, but I've heard that some of the pinouts are different, e.g. the phone mute.

Come on guys, someone must have a wiring diagram or even just a photo of the label on the back of the RCD510?

I'd really like to make up the cables without needing to pull the radio for a look first.

0 0 0

4. Re: RCD510 and RNS510 pin-outs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll have a look for you - could take a day or 2 to find one though.
    A6 (2007)TDi SE Avant
    Gone but not forgotten - A4 2.5TDi Avant, Imola Yellow S3 , Golf VR6 Highline

0 0 0

5. Re: RCD510 and RNS510 pin-outs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I'll have a look for you - could take a day or 2 to find one though.
    Many thanks, you're a star.

0 0 0

6. Re: RCD510 and RNS510 pin-outs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    I'm just about to pick up a new car, which has the new RCD510 stereo. The dealer told me it was RNS 510 (the Nav unit), but I think he got a bit confused.

Anyway..... first job will be to fit a Parrot bluetooth kit and Parrot Multican, so that I can use the phone with the buttons on the steering wheel. I've done this beofre on the wife's car, but this was the RCD300 radio. I used Autoleads adaptor cables and it was a doddle.

Anybody know if the pin-outs at the back of the RCD510 and RNS510 are the same as the old RCD300?

If not, can you tell me what the differences are?

cheers, Teflon
    Sorry I am of no help, but I have a Parrot LS3200 in my B6 Passat with RCD300, and would be great to be able to use steering wheel control. What exactly are the leads I would need?
    2011 "11" Golf 1.6TDi Match DSG | RNS510 | Privacy Glass | Park Assist | Rear Camera | Luxury Pack
    Weekends: 2005 Volvo C70 2.0T Auto GT Convertible | Heated Leather Seats | Bluetooth | SC901 Dolby Pro Logic 11 Speaker Audio | Rear Park Sensors

0 0 0

7. Re: RCD510 and RNS510 pin-outs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by welshpedro View Post
    Sorry I am of no help, but I have a Parrot LS3200 in my B6 Passat with RCD300, and would be great to be able to use steering wheel control. What exactly are the leads I would need?
    You need a Parrot Multican unit, which is about fifty quid. There are 2 different types depending upon which Parrot you have, but look on thier website.

You also need a Quadlock to Quadlock connector lead and about 20 mins with a soldering iron and some shrink-wrap. I'll look up the Autoleads part number and come back to you.

After making up the harness, you just pull the radio, plug one end into the radio and the other into the original connector. Thay way, there is no alteration to the original wiring on the car.

0 0 0

8. Re: RCD510 and RNS510 pin-outs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    You need a Parrot Multican unit, which is about fifty quid. There are 2 different types depending upon which Parrot you have, but look on thier website.

You also need a Quadlock to Quadlock connector lead and about 20 mins with a soldering iron and some shrink-wrap. I'll look up the Autoleads part number and come back to you.

After making up the harness, you just pull the radio, plug one end into the radio and the other into the original connector. Thay way, there is no alteration to the original wiring on the car.

Thanks for the info... I've a 3200 Colour Parrot.
    2011 "11" Golf 1.6TDi Match DSG | RNS510 | Privacy Glass | Park Assist | Rear Camera | Luxury Pack
    Weekends: 2005 Volvo C70 2.0T Auto GT Convertible | Heated Leather Seats | Bluetooth | SC901 Dolby Pro Logic 11 Speaker Audio | Rear Park Sensors

0 0 0