Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

First of all, as a newbie to this forum i just want to say sorry if this is slightly out of order to a Vento fan.

Im into T3's or T25's (whatever you want to call them) and i happen to have a diesel van that needs a new engine - its a hobby of mine so i do all the work myself.

Anyway, i bought a vento today. Its a 94 1.9td CL model with a little rust on one wheel arch. Its got an electric sunroof and is pretty damn tidy inside for its age. The paint has been keyed - it may polish out (whats that about - dont mess with another mans car!). It has 10 months MOT and two months tax. Overall, its a great car.

Im going to be completely honest here - the sole reason i bought it is so i could tear out its heart (which is the awesome AAZ engine). I was going to stick in a non-turbo engine i have in my garage (a 1Y) and then resell the car - hopefully for what i paid for it

It turns out i didnt think about this very hard. Im going to have to spend £100 converting the exhaust from the manifold to the cat to get the 1Y to fit (if i dont encounter any other issues).
    This has kind of put me off keeping it on the road - with the price of a 1Y around £200 (thats what it owes me anyhow) im investing £300 at least in a car worth £500 if that.

So, what i think im trying to say is, is it worth me doing it? Or should i just scrap it?
    It breaks my heart to scrap a vehicle like this - but what are my options?

Thanks for your time,

Ringo

0 0 0

2. Re: Vento - shall i scrap it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I wouldn't worry to much the vento was never a popular car, so not a big loss, the van sounds allot better, but T3 do you mean a rear engined van?

I had a 1983 1600 desel van along time ago, it wouldn't pull the skin of rice pudding ,but did 35mpg which was good when all my surfing mates vans were doing 18mpg with the petrol engine

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. VW scrap yard
    By Juwel in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 10:14 PM
  2. OBD VW Vento
    By Ventoro in forum Vento - 1994 - 1998
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-01-2008, 10:28 PM
  3. hi from vento 18 owner