Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi,

Does anybody know if the front grille (honeycomb style) grille from an RS4 can directly replace the standard grille (or an S-Line grille in my case)?

If so, any idea on cost and difficulty to fit?

I bet if it's possible, Issac Hunt's already done it

Cheers
    Toff.
    [ My Cars: 2011 Caravelle SE TDI (140) LWB | 2015 L200 Barbarian 2.4 DI-D | 2015 Mini Cooper SD ]
    [ Past Audis:
    A6 S-Line 3.0
    V6 TDI Qttr | A4 3.0 TDI Qttr S-Line | S6 4.2 Qttr | A4 2.5 V6 TDI Qttr Sport | A4 1.9 TDI Qttr S-Line | A4 SE 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant | 2.0 TFSI Roadster ]
    [ Past VWs: Mk1 GTI Cab | Mk3 2.0 Cab |
    Mk3 VR6 | Mk4 R32 | Mk4 V6 MoFo | Mk4 Golf 1.9 TDI| Mk4 Supercharged 2.0 6-speed | VW Touran 2.0 TDI DSG ]

0 0 0

2. Re: Replacing an S-Line grille with an RS4 grille 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you been spying on me?!!

Yes its a direct fit if you have an S-line grille. It wont fit if you have the standard grille though. You need to take the front bumper fully off the car though as it bolts on from behind.

You'll also need the number plate holder and surround piece as these are black on the RS4 but grey on the s-line.

Vagparts sell all the bits. Around £150 all in IIRC.

(Dont put an RS4 badge on your grille though!!)

0 0 0

3. Re: Replacing an S-Line grille with an RS4 grille 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt View Post
    Have you been spying on me?!!

Yes its a direct fit if you have an S-line grille. It wont fit if you have the standard grille though. You need to take the front bumper fully off the car though as it bolts on from behind.

You'll also need the number plate holder and surround piece as these are black on the RS4 but grey on the s-line.

Vagparts sell all the bits. Around £150 all in IIRC.

hi Issac I would also love to put the RS4 grille on...do you have any pics of yours with the Rs4 grille ?

0 0 0

4. Re: Replacing an S-Line grille with an RS4 grille 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No I havent but just google some pics of the RS4 for a rough idea!

0 0 0

5. Re: Replacing an S-Line grille with an RS4 grille 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Sacrebleu! I would never do such a thing! Do you happen to know if the S-line badge fits into the slot where the RS4 badge usually goes?

Is removing the bumper a straightforward affair (just bolts) or is there lots of fiddly unclipping to do as well?

I bet you have done loads of retro-fits to your car Issac.H. Do you have any pics?

I was horrified to hear Clarkson calling Audi drivers the new breed of BMW ***** of yesteryear!
    [ My Cars: 2011 Caravelle SE TDI (140) LWB | 2015 L200 Barbarian 2.4 DI-D | 2015 Mini Cooper SD ]
    [ Past Audis:
    A6 S-Line 3.0
    V6 TDI Qttr | A4 3.0 TDI Qttr S-Line | S6 4.2 Qttr | A4 2.5 V6 TDI Qttr Sport | A4 1.9 TDI Qttr S-Line | A4 SE 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant | 2.0 TFSI Roadster ]
    Mk3 VR6 | Mk4 R32 | Mk4 V6 MoFo | Mk4 Golf 1.9 TDI| Mk4 Supercharged 2.0 6-speed | VW Touran 2.0 TDI DSG ]

0 0 0

6. Re: Replacing an S-Line grille with an RS4 grille 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I havent any pics of the grille install I'm afraid but its fairly straightforward. Took me about an hour to fit it. Bumper just bolts on, a few under the bonnet and a few more in each wheel arch.

The S-line badge doesnt fit without modification. You could adapt it to fit but I couldnt be bothered so just left it off.

0 0 0

7. Re: Replacing an S-Line grille with an RS4 grille 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I havent any pics of the grille install I'm afraid but its fairly straightforward. Took me about an hour to fit it. Bumper just bolts on, a few under the bonnet and a few more in each wheel arch.

The S-line badge doesnt fit without modification. You could adapt it to fit but I couldnt be bothered so just left it off.
    Cheers.

How much did the Grille cost you please? Have you swapped your door fairings to the bigger RS4 items too?

Al.
    [ Past Audis:
    A6 S-Line 3.0

0 0 0