Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that Steve, it seems that whenever we ask the dealer for something slightly different the system breaks down. Based on mandh22222's post above the VW towbar would appear to be an expensive option anyway.

I recently altered my own EOS order to add cruise control but the dealer was so slow in getting their act together that they missed the deadline and it now has to be retro fitted as a dealer option. To be honest I just dont trust them to do it properly or to fail to have the right parts in stock that I will pobably cancel the cruise.

Cheers, David
    July 07 Black TFSI Eos Sport with Luxury/Winter packs, 6CD and Det Tow bar

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dear David, don't worry I also had cruise control fitted by the dealer, It's the same C/C and for some reason its cheaper.
    It works very well, no problems. Cheers Steve.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tow Bar Update

I have finally had a towbar fitted to my Eos

In the end I used a VW garage and used the VW wiring harness.

As they were about to start the job, I was told that I needed a new rear bumper.

I had been in contact with VW customer services from January, and have now reached a satisfactory conclusion

If you are going to have a towbar fitted, first check if it can be fitted with the existing bumper.

The car tows my caravan superbly, and perhaps I have been lucky, but I love my car, it's everything I had hoped for, and have had no problems with anything including water leaks etc.
    Steve3

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations Steve at getting your tow bar finally sorted.
    Bit worrying about the bumper needing changing, is it because they didnt want to cut a slot in it.
    Be interested to know what make of towbar they fitted and what the whole process cost in the end.
    Cheers, Dave

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi David,
    Eos fitted with Westphalia tow bar, its the only one availiable.

I am going on holiday with a hole cut out for the towbar/electrics.
    as its on the bottom of the bumper, its not really seen.

When I come back I am having the new bumper fitted which I believe
    will facilitate the blanking plate to fit much better.
    I suggest you talk to VW c/s re costs.

The car is superb, I feel sorry for the people having problems with water leaks, but I can't be the only one who has no problems.

Good luck Steve.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Steve,

I'll talk again to VW re the westphalia. Glad to hear you can tow the caravan OK, I understand the eos has some built in load balancing jiggerypokery designed especially for towing so it truly is a versatile vehicle.

Glad to hear you have no leaks, presume you have done the hose pipe rain simulation test which seems compulsory for all new eos owners!!

Have a great holiday and let us know how you get on.

David

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oops! Westphalia is a region of Germany! The tow bar in question is a westfalia model 321543 for anyone else planning to fit a tow bar.
    Cheers, David
    PS coincidently, VW produced a van called the 'westfalia'

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, all I've jumped forums from passat. I have a new passat and had to have a new bumper fitted when I had a detachable towbar. Apparently when you order your VW you need to state whether you want the touring bumper otherwise more pennies when you have a bar fitted afterwards. Had an excellent job done by the VW garage and you don't know you have a towbar fitted. Two clips you simply turn and the flap drops out. Excellent piece of kit. Mine's the Westfalia as well.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve3 View Post
    Hi David,
    Eos fitted with Westphalia tow bar, its the only one availiable.

I am going on holiday with a hole cut out for the towbar/electrics.
    as its on the bottom of the bumper, its not really seen.

When I come back I am having the new bumper fitted which I believe
    will facilitate the blanking plate to fit much better.
    I suggest you talk to VW c/s re costs.

The car is superb, I feel sorry for the people having problems with water leaks, but I can't be the only one who has no problems.

Good luck Steve.

You're not! I don't have any (real) problems either!
    Of course generally it's people wanting to air problems who post rather than those who have nothing to say!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to passat170D1 for the info on the bumper and to neh321 on the reassurence on the leaks. Geting my baby built this week so hope to have her soon, will let you know how I get on.
    Cheers, David

0 0 0

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast