1. Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone. I've registered with this site as I am looking for as much info as possible regarding VW Premium Bluetooth.
    We have purchased a Tiguan with PBT installed but cannot get our Sony Ericsson K800i's to pair.
    I have spent hours going between Orange,Nokia,Sony Ericsson and VW trying to get to the bottom of this.
    What I have been sent by VW is an "up to date" list of compatible phones though most seem to be 3-4 year old models.

Motorola - E550, V550, V620 & V635
    Motorola - V300, V525 & V600
    Nokia - 6100, 6200, 6220, 6230, 6230i, 6610, 6610i, 7210, 7250 & 7250i
    Nokia - 6020 & 6021
    Nokia - 6210
    Nokia - 5110, 6110, 6130 & 6150
    Nokia - 6100, 6200, 6220, 6230, 6610, 6610i, 7210, 7250 & 7250i
    Nokia - 6310 & 6310i
    Nokia - 6300 & 6301
    Nokia - 3100, 3200, 6100, 6220, 6230, 6230i, 6820, 6822 & 7210
    Nokia - 6020 & 6021
    Siemens - CX65 & CX70
    Siemens - S65
    Siemens - M75
    Siemens - C55, M55 & S55
    Siemens - S75
    Siemens - CX65, CXT65, CX70, S65 & SP65
    Siemens - C45 ME45 S45 S45i M50 MT50
    Siemens - C55, M55 & S55
    Sony Ericsson - T610 & T630
    Sony Ericsson - K700i
    Sony Ericsson - K750i, W800i & W810i
    Sony Ericsson - T610, T616, T618 & T630
    Sony Ericsson - D750i, K750i, D750i, W800i & W810i

Having spoken to the dealer, they seem to be unaware of a problem with compatibility of this system.
    Following investigations with Nokia , Sony etc I have found out a few bits of info which I would appreciate any feedback on.
    1- Nokia say that the following will be SAP compatible phones.
    N96,N95,N93,N92,N82,N81,E61i along with a few others.
    He feels that the Nokias listed in the first section may be running Bluetooth v1.0 and so they will work fully with the Premium system. As a result I would need an update on the car to convert it to Bluetooth v2.0 to make the N series phones work fully. Would they be correct as we are due upgrades now and would like to resolve this but have been warned by Orange that if we select a phone and it doesn't work then we are stuck with it for 18 months?
    2- Nokia also said that N91 8gb and reg along with E65 and E61 run v1.2 bluetooth so may be more compatible than the other N series which run v2.0. Again any comments are appreciated.
    3- Sony Ericsson say they do not have any SAP compatible phones in their range and when questioned about a K750i he said he didn't know how VW had got it to work.

Is anyone 100% certain of a N series Nokia that works fully ie: voice activated dialling, import phonebook etc so we can get this saga over?
    I am waiting on the dealer, (who are trying to help), getting back to me but it will be Thursday before I get an update.

Does anyone have a more recent list of Compatible phones issued by VW? I find it hard to believe tht their list is 2 - 3 years out of date.
    SE said VW will test all new phones on the market. It doesn't appear they update their list!!

Thanks in advance for any help that comes in.

Neil

0 0 0

2. Re: Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thought with a nickname like Jambo you may be from Edinburgh and if so was wondering if you could recommend a local garage that knows all about installing premium bluetooth.

I have asked at Witherspoons who tell me there it needs to be factory wired and would cost me '000's to get done to utilise the Tigaun head unit.

Thanks

Chris

0 0 0

3. Re: Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate,

Sorry I'm not from Edinburgh. I'm originally from the Scottish Borders and a Jambo's fan since my dad took me there in the mid 70's.
    We had the Bluetooth fitted at the factory so can't advise on any local dealers etc.
    Anyone else on here able to advise?

0 0 0

4. Re: Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi there,

is there any updated compatible bluetooth phone list? thanks ...

0 0 0

5. Re: Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Not that I'm aware of. Once we got our phones connected I stopped checking on compatible phones.

All I can remember is that Sony Ericssons were incompatible.

Nokias range contained a quite a lot that would work as they were rSAP compliant.

The best help I received was by calling Nokia UK's Customer Services.
    I spoke to a guy in Technical Services who rattled off a list of rSAP phones.

Hope this helps,

Neil

0 0 0

6. Re: Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have bought a Passat CC this month, and i didnt paid for the bluetooth premium.
    when i picked up the car, the seller told me, the bluetooth premium now comes for free. (that was cool)

but, when i tried to pair my HTC Dual Touch, i couldnt pair it, so i went to the seller asking for a solution.
    when he gave me the list of compatible models, i couldnt believe what i was reading
    a bunch of old nokia and siemens models.
    i sent an email to the VW in Portugal and in Germany.
    i cant believe how come VW cant be updated in this issue, and im very disappointed with the brand.

why cant they release an bluetooth software update ?????

0 0 0

7. Re: Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    please check this out : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_Access_Profile

this is an updated list

0 0 0

8. Cool Re: Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pippy View Post
    please check this out : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_Access_Profile

this is an updated list
    well, the page is in german language but i saw the list of the phone models.
    so, you are telling me, VW updated the bluetooth software compatible phone models ????

0 0 0

9. Re: Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do u have mac if so u can translate it to any language, by the way i've try must of it. nokia and samsung r good choice

0 0 0

10. Re: Premium Bluetooth Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pippy View Post
    do u have mac if so u can translate it to any language, by the way i've try must of it. nokia and samsung r good choice
    you havent answered my question.
    did VW made a BT software update???

cause, as far as i know, only few phone models of that list you gave me work on my car.
    i still need an update for the car, and no one seems to tell if there is one.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast