I'm 2nd owner to my new golf mk5 gt tdi feb04 53 reg. I got it at the end of November from Listers Stratford. I started it on Thursday 28th Dece to find the emissions fault warning light on. (drive slowly to nearest dealer) Living in coventry, with some stuff to do in Birmingham, I ended up at Birmingham VW, who couldn't and wouldn't do anything till at least the 1st week of Jan 07. So i rang Tamworth VW and spoke to DES BLEWITT service manager. If i could get it to him by 13.00 hrs he may be able to have me on the road b4 new year. I asked about VW assistance and he said to give them a call as they carry selected parts on their vehicles. I spoke to a very helpful lady and she booked me in for an appointment between 11am and 2pm that day at my work address in Lichfield and i would be kept up to date via text msg. On my way to Lichfield from Birmingham I got a text "VW technician will be with you by 10.55AM".
They were spot on time. Diagnosed the fault, lubricated - a temporary fix, get it to a dealer (the fault was a motor that opens an inlet vent to allow air to the turbo when the accelerator is pressed. its ok to drive at slow speeds). Back on the phone to DES BLEWITT, explained the fault, got the car to him by 14.00hrs, he called me later to explain that i'm still under manufacturers warranty(its quicker to 'sort' than with an extended warranty), Milton Keynes factory have the part in stock, it will be overnighted and I should be on the road by the end of Fri 29th Dece. On Fri 29th Dece DES BLEWITT called, my car was ready and it was only 10.30 am. NOT BAD SERVICE 24HRS AFTER CALLING VW ASSISTANCE.

Incidently, the part cost £300ish not including the labour, so i'm glad i bought an extended warranty, I only need one claim and my costs are covered. Never had VW before. This level of service will not go untold.

Des blewitt has since left and moved on to porche