Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Help

1. Help 
    fazerman Guest
    Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction re how to use SD cards?

0 0 0

2. Re: Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazerman View Post
    Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction re how to use SD cards?
    Push them in the little slot just below the CD player.

0 0 0

3. Re: Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazerman View Post
    What do you need to know? There is another thread on the go just now which covers just about everything.

HotChip
    2011 A4 2.0TDi S-Line quattro (phantom black), 19" 7 Arm Double Spoke Alloys, Damper Control, Parking Plus, AMI, B & O Sound, DAB Radio, Bluetooth Prep Low

0 0 0

4. Re: Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I will include a copy of a previous post I made with reference to this below. As said before there are other threads that cover this topic. But basically the SD card slot takes an SD card not exceeding 2 Gigabytes (2GB) in capacity. You then use your home computer to copy to the SD card the music tracks you want to play back in the car. You can only use .mp3 (possibly .mp4) formats. So if you use iTunes (AAC) formats you won't be able to put them on the SD card and play back in the Audi. Also, DRM or copyright protected tracks won't play back either in the car.

I use Windows Media Player to store and playback my tracks. Simply Syncing the SD card with that and copying over the play lists does not mean they are in the order you have them, nor in the play lists you have them on W.M.P. It took some time to figure out, but I have created folders on the computer, and named them as 'types' such as Rock, Dance etc and within these put associated music files. In order to keep them in order, I prefixed each track with a number 1,2,3 and so on. This means the Audi will cut off the number prefix, but keep the tracks in that order, and the folders I can then select depending what mood I am in. Note if you have a folder tree more than 4 deep it will only 'see' the first 4 in the car. But really a great boon, no need to carry CD's in the car and for cheap SD cards have a look at www.mymemory.co.uk they are based in Jersey, free postage and you save big compared to the high street. Don't get more than 2GB, as this is the maximum the car can read from.
    Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Advancement through technology

Kids in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

0 0 0

5. Re: Help 
    fazerman Guest
    Thanks for that very useful guide! I will buy a card and get loading in readiness for my 2.0Tdi S-line Avant in September!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Go to somewhere like www.ebuyer.co.uk for all your SD card neeeds. A fraction of the highstreet price.
    Aruba Blue B8 S Line 1.8T 160bhp,Piano Black Inlays, Black Stitching, 30mm S Line Drop

0 0 0