Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solorider View Post
    ...the car was scrapped by the council
    Funnily enough the two I mentioned were both scrapped. End Of Life vehicle collection
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

2. Re: Worst Car Ever Bought? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1992 Rover 820Si. Leaked gearbox oil, leaked engine oil, leaked coolant, electric window switch pack replaced three times. There was more but it's too painful to re live the experience

Spent more time back at the dealer I bought it from than it did on the road for the 7 months I owned it.

0 0 0

3. Re: Worst Car Ever Bought? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Steve they got better I think. Though I never owned an 8 series I leased 4 and 6 series. Did about 50k a year so only kept them for about 6-7 months on average. I never had a single fault. I ran them between 1995-97.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

4. Re: Worst Car Ever Bought? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had 3 200's, 216GSi, 220GTi turbo and a 216GTi twin cam, never had a problem either.
    My sister had a 92 827si, not really much bother apart from the fuel consumption, then later she had a 820 sli, again with no issues.

seems you got a duff one mate, they happen every now and again

Stu

0 0 0

5. Re: Worst Car Ever Bought? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ford Orion 1.4 Biscayn

Light blue with white hub caps....the car was a dog.

0 0 0

6. Re: Worst Car Ever Bought? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nah, I think a few people got lucky the 820 with the Montego block plus 16 valve head slapped on it was never really any good neither was the transmission.

827 yes and I had one for 3 years with no problems..............but that was a Honda engine as were some of the others in the smaller Rovers.

Smart people bought Rover's with Honda engines

0 0 0

7. Re: Worst Car Ever Bought? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Howes View Post
    Nah, I think a few people got lucky the 820 with the Montego block plus 16 valve head slapped on it was never really any good neither was the transmission.

827 yes and I had one for 3 years with no problems..............but that was a Honda engine as were some of the others in the smaller Rovers.

Smart people bought Rover's with Honda engines
    Or they could have just bought a Honda...

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged

0 0 0

8. Re: Worst Car Ever Bought? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KQuattro View Post
    Ford Orion 1.4 Biscayn

Light blue with white hub caps....the car was a dog.

nice colour though

i had 3 orions, they were ok considering how little i paid for them!!

My mum worked for Ford when they were released in 1984 and we had 1 for 3 days before they were launched!! as we also did with the Sierra in 1982!!

Stu

0 0 0

9. Re: Worst Car Ever Bought? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine was my Citroen C3, which I bought brand new from the dealer in 2003. I was dead proud, being a new dad and having a nice new car etc.

Anyway, about 3 months in there was a problem in that the car was only working on 3 cylinders instead of 4, so lost all power.

Took it to citroen who 'fixed' it.

Well, safe to say they hadnt. By the end of this saga, the guy on the maintenance desk knew my reg just by looking at me.

Then it would just cut out without warning, engine management light, then cut out. Restart 3 times and it would clear the error.

I then caugh it on a post in a car park and put a crease the full height of it.

Then.......some silly old cow in a Volvo pulled out from a side road on a dual carriage way type road, right into my path and I hit her full pelt at 60mph and did 4 grands worth of damage.

And finally, to top it off.......some mofo nicked it!!!

I now drive a very old, but very reliable Golf!

0 0 0

10. Re: Worst Car Ever Bought? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Worst was an Orion 1.6i Ghia, nice enough car but never managed two weeks without something going wrong, lasted 4 months before being pushed (literally) through an auction.

Best in many ways is my A6, comfortable and economical, though the mk1 is far more fun.

Most surprising was a 406 pug, 2.0 LX petrol, had it for four and a half years, sold it with 173k miles on it and never let us down - went through headlight bulbs like nothing else I have had, at least four every year, engine had a bit of piston slap by the time we sold it, but all in all was worth every penny that we paid for it. Sold it onto a friend over two years ago and he's still driving around in it, still nothing goes wrong - is this a unique 406 I wonder ???
    Current - 2002 Audi A6 2.5TDi Avant quattro (loved), 2012 Ford S Max 2.2 tdci Titanium X (serves a purpose), 1983 VW Golf GTI campaign (loved)
    Previous - 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Lux (gone, hated), 2002 Audi A3 1.9TDi Sport quattro (gone, liked and missed), 2011 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone, loved and missed), 2007 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone thankfully), 1999 Audi A6 2.5TDi quattro (gone, loved and missed)

0 0 0

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast