1. Re: secret terror files left on a train 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just can't imagine how you can leave something like that behind on a train! He must have know they were highly classified documents, I mean it's not like he forgot his copy of The Sun! And it's morons like that in charge of this stinking country...I can't wait to move back abroad

0 0 0

2. Re: secret terror files left on a train 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I agree, the most despicable git in this whole episode is the glory hunting (possibly money grabbing) knob who made this all go public. Someone who respected this country’s national security would have quietly made enquires about how to get this back to the relevant authorities instead of causing all this fuss and possibly losing someone their job, income, home, marriage etc! They should be ashamed of themselves and I hope they don’t make any money out of it. I don’t like this government either but this does nothing to improve the country we live in. I don’t think the BBC is blameless either, sometimes I wonder what I pay my licence fee for, then I listen to Wogan and remember.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: secret terror files left on a train 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    sometimes I wonder what I pay my licence fee for, then I listen to Wogan and remember.

yeah, his toupes are incredibly expensive

0 0 0

4. Re: secret terror files left on a train 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder what I pay my licence fee for, then I listen to Wogan and remember.
    Agreed! When I used to work further away Wogy was an essential "de-grumper" in the morning when I still wanted to be in bed & not battling my way through the usually gridlocked M56 towards Manchester!
    I still miss his TV show, my mum used to watch it when I was a kid.
    As for the missing laptop thing, it's hardly the first time unfortunately! Surely the files were encrypted? & why are they being kept on a laptop? That's a blatant theft target. Is anyone really going to want knick a CD/DVD nearly as much? I don't think it would cost the Earth for the security services to make a wonky shaped USB or drive or something so that data can be held on a medium that's incompatible with anything that's commercially available. This plus encryption with maybe a tracking device & voila. Of course it's all more expense but it'd be such a tiny drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things & money very well spent. If James Bond can have an invisible Aston Martin then this isn't too much to ask!!

"If a donkey bray at you, don't bray at him."

0 0 0

5. Re: secret terror files left on a train 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dansansome View Post
    yeah, his toupes are incredibly expensive

10% of the license fee goes on the W3P (Wogan 3 Piece). It's the Stonehenge of hair! Two vertical elements hold the top bit firmly in place. The W3P has to be the next big thing to sweep salons the length and breadth of blighty!!!

Observe the structure of the mighty W3P!!

TerryWogan.jpg

TerryWogan2.jpg

"If a donkey bray at you, don't bray at him."

0 0 0

6. Re: secret terror files left on a train 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    topiary at its very best

0 0 0

7. Re: secret terror files left on a train 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree, the most despicable git in this whole episode is the glory hunting (possibly money grabbing) knob who made this all go public. Someone who respected this country’s national security would have quietly made enquires about how to get this back to the relevant authorities instead of causing all this fuss and possibly losing someone their job, income, home, marriage etc!
    I have to disagree Crasher.

Giving it to the BBC has opened up the fact that this government is still treating national security in the incompetent way that it does, without any risk of the contents of the file being spread around.

He could have uploaded it onto a web site, but he didn''t.

It is not the responsibilty of the general public to cover up and hide goverment incompetence.

If we are kept in the dark about this sort of buffoonery, we could very well let the goverment bring in their identity card schemes in the vain hope that our information is safe.

This is not the first time that Gordon Blair's goverment has done this, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I am also sure that there are many other instances of this type of thing that does NOT get into the public eye.
    2007 Audi A6 3.0 TDi quattro S line manual saloon
    1975 Rover P6 4000S 5 speed

Time flies like an arrow
    Fruit flies like a banana

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12