Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys!

Quite enjoying the Advanced Key stuff, nice to be able to get in and press the "Start Button"... Walking up to the car and touching the sensor makes such a difference..

Does anyone know about walking away from the car and it auto-locking, because I'm sure it doesn't! Car always seems to be open when I walk away, so I must be doing something wrong.

0 0 0

2. Re: Advanced Key.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    They will auto lock but in my view it takes too long. My 2005 A3 (although it has no advanced key function) autolocks after about 30 seconds. By which time you could be in a shop away from your car and someone could get in. The only thing you can do is walk away, put the key somewhere and then walk back to the car without it to check.

Im sures its working as designed!
    Aruba Blue B8 S Line 1.8T 160bhp,Piano Black Inlays, Black Stitching, 30mm S Line Drop

0 0 0

3. Re: Advanced Key.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Alex - was under the impression the Advanced Key worked in the same fashion as the BMW system, where you don't need to touch the sensor to get into the car, simply pull on the door handle, and then when leaving the car, shut the door, and lightly tap the top of the door handle to get the doors to lock.

Not sure about auto-locking, and its timing, but its something i need to learn, as when my A4 arrives there will be times the family will be in the car wilst i pay for fuel, and we don't want the car locking/alarming if they are still inside, and i'm paying fo fuel with the key still in my pocket.
    Steve - Audi A4 2.0 TDI S-Line in Billiant Black
    19" 7 arm Double Spokes / Sat-Nav / Milano / Advanced Key / AMI / Bluetooth / B&O / Heated Seats / Light Pack / Storage Pack / Tyre Pressure / Servotronic

0 0 0

4. Question Re: Advanced Key.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm lookin at this as an option.

is it worth goin for?

"Let's Fire Up The Quattro"

0 0 0

5. Re: Advanced Key.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I currently have the keyless entry on a 2005 B6 Passat and to get in you simply pull the door handle with the fob somewhere on your person. To lock the car, when you get out and close the door you must touch a sensor on the door handle. With the A4 I understand that this is a button rather than a sensor which in my opinion is better. It copies the older Renault system which is very robust in comparison to the VW system.

You should be able to swap and change between all the doors opening or just the drivers door opening when you grab the handle!

0 0 0

6. Re: Advanced Key.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Am considering this option, and would like to ask how many transponders come with the car? I'm guessing 2, but is it possible to get a 3rd one? And any experiences with mem seats as part of comfort pack? And, is the Advanced Key system reliable as in, does it spoil easily?

Thanks!

0 0 0

7. Re: Advanced Key.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got Advanced Key, and 3 keys... Make sure you get the key when you first get the car, otherwise if you go to the dealer later to get it coded, they reset the whole ******* system and you lose all your settings

Was so ****** off as I spent a while fiddling around with the mirrors, then all the dynamic shiz, alright, I'm whinging, but it was still annoying ..

You can only have 2 keys for the mem seats... It works really well, just if there's two of you with the keys in your pocket and you're about to drive away, make sure the driver gets to the car first and opens the door otherwise you end up with the seat adjusted for the other person. Quite frustrating when my dad and I used to go anywhere together, had to make him wait at the path whilst I opened the door.

Now he's not allowed to keep the key in his pocket, as he's now managed to open the boot once and all the windows whilst sitting in the house and not knowing. Thank god it hadn't rained.

Anyway, I digress! Advanced key and seats is great.. It does the seats and the wing mirrors, doesn't seem to do the lumbar settings though... Wish it did the rear view mirror too.

HTH.

Alex.

0 0 0

8. Re: Advanced Key.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcf View Post
    I've got Advanced Key, and 3 keys... Make sure you get the key when you first get the car, otherwise if you go to the dealer later to get it coded, they reset the whole ******* system and you lose all your settings
    So how many keys do you get as standard?

0 0 0

9. Re: Advanced Key.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plife View Post
    so How Many Keys Do You Get As Standard?

0 0 0

10. Re: Advanced Key.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Alex, thanks so much for your reply. So cost 150quid for 1 key, with 2 as standard.

Well, I've got 3 drivers at home, but need only 2 mem for seats. So: key 1 - mem 1; key 2&3 - mem 2. Any one has experience with this? Is this combi possible?

0 0 0