Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Leaking Audi TT Roadster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Leaking Audi TT Roadster 
    Brad Erickson Guest
    Hi,

I have a problem which the dealer seems unable to fix. There is a large amount of water ingress on the driver's side floor in the cockpit of the TT (the whole carpet becomes soaking wet in the slightest amount of rain - even when the car is parked). The dealer has replaced the door seal but to no avail. Whilst I understand water travels there is no dampness anywhere near the door.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Regards,

Brad

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    yeah or... check behind the plastic trim on the both sides just under the wipers under the bonnet and see if your drainage theres is blocked...

On the A4 it gets blocked with dirt over time and leaks into the P/footwell.

RicKT

0 0 0

3. Thanks 
    Brad Erickson Guest
    Thanks Rick, I will have a look.

Regards,

Brad

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    any update on how you got on??

RiCKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Common on roadsters --the water drains become blocked at the rear roof corners--with roof up look behind roll bars in the corners are 2 drain trays (left+right)about 3/4 inches square these have a drain tube which exits at the front of the rear wheel arch . these trays collect water that gets between the roof back edge and the body if the tubes block they overflow and you get water in the rear footwells and quite often a lot of condensation in the boot.

0 0 0

6. Seat belt soaking wet 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The driver's selt belt is soaking wet in my TT Roadster with no water anywhere else & having read Mastertech's response it sounds as if I might have the same problem & unblocking the drain trays might clear it up. What would be the best way to unblock these trays?
    Thanks, Gav

0 0 0

Brad Erickson Guest
    Hi Rick,

The problem was the water drains as described by masetertech. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Brad

0 0 0

Brad Erickson Guest
    Hi Mastertech,

Thanks for your help, you identified the problem. I ended up taking the car to the dealer to do the work. They charged £182 to fix the problem.

0 0 0

9. Re: Leaking Audi TT Roadster 
    Brad Erickson Guest
    Hi Annie,

Assuming you have the roadster, your problem sounds identical to mine which took a long time and hundreds of pounds to figure out, the solution to which I found on this website from mastertech. Unfortunately, I do not have any of the documents relating to the fix as I have since sold the care and we now live in Canada.

However, the problem arises because the drains which are located in the base of the rag top become clogged over time. They run right through the cockpit and when they become clogged the water has no place to go but inside - hence the continually wet carpets. This drove me mad for several months whilst I was trying to find the solution (one dealership tried to sell me new door seals for circa GBP 1,000 after charging me GBP 500 to try and solve the issue!)

The good news - once identified the dealer should fix it easlily (and permanently by simply cleaning the drainage lines). Once identified I think the problem cost less than GBP 200 to fix.

Whilst I do not have the details the dealership that fixed it for me was Docklands Audi in London. My car reg was Y491LGY. They should still have the repair on their records so if you give them a call your problem should be solved.

Lastly, once the repair was made the carpets dried quickly with no remaining dampness, mold or smell whatsoever.

Good luck and happy driving - I had mine for five years and absolutely loved it.

Regards,

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by sadTT
    Hi Brad:

We just bought a used 2005 Audi TT 3.2 Roadster. It had been raining for 3 straight days prior to us purchasing the car and we noticed when we got home that the carpet on the driver side is soaking wet. We steamed vacuumed the car and put a high power fan on it all night to dry it up. The carpet was dry the next morning but as soon as we drove the car, the carpet got wet again (mind you, it wasn't raining and the roads were dry when we drove it). That's when we realized there's a problem and googling it lead us to your post. Was your problem similar to ours? Was your problem resolved satisfactorily, and has the problem reoccurred? Does the carpet smell afterwards?

We brought the car in to the local dealer and they said they can't identify the problem. So we're hoping you can help.

Thanks,
    Annie

0 0 0

10. Re: Leaking Audi TT Roadster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have a similar problem with my 2004 Roadster. However, I can't see the drainage points because of the lack of space. My boot has condensation and I have water on the shelf area behind the driver's seat. I can't see much with the roof up, and with the roof down it seems harder to see anything!
    Does anyone have any photos?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast