Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I have recently starting experimenting with VAG-COM - currently only using the shareware version (409), but have successfully read and cleared fault codes, tweaked the central convenience coding, and logged some measuring block outputs. This is all great, but...

when I monitor the measuring blocks for e.g. the Engine Module, all blocks only have info in the first column, with N/A in the other 3 columns. Having read around here a bit, this seems to be wrong, with other people reporting values in all 4 columns.

Any ideas as to why this might be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ade

0 0 0

2. Re: Measuring Blocks N/A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure I'm correct in saying this isn't a shareware limitation.... I have checked the Ross-Tech website, which states that blocks 026-255 are blocked, but doesn't mention anything about only reading 1 value per block.

Anyone?

0 0 0

3. Re: Measuring Blocks N/A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Correct, VC-Scope will only display the 1st field of a group/block - that is a Shareware limitation. However, the measuring blocks (not using the scope) will always be shown fully.
    Sebastian @ www.Ross-Tech.com

0 0 0

4. Re: Measuring Blocks N/A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresias View Post
    Correct, VC-Scope will only display the 1st field of a group/block - that is a Shareware limitation. However, the measuring blocks (not using the scope) will always be shown fully.
    Hmm, but I'm not using VC-Scope - I'm just looking at the measuring blocks in VAG_COM. If it is a problem with the cable, then it is surprising that I have been able to use it successfully to do so many other tasks.

0 0 0

5. Re: Measuring Blocks N/A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Scratching head. Version 409 is more than 3-1/2 years old and in that time, I don't recall ever having a report like that.

Did you download it from our site or are you using software which was supplied with your interface? If the latter, I suggest deleting it and doing a fresh download and install from our site. If you still have the same issue, e-mail me personally for more trouble shooting instructions.

-Uwe-
    www.Ross-Tech.com
    Satisfaction guaranteed or double your fault codes back!

0 0 0

6. Re: Measuring Blocks N/A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Uwe.

I did at first try installing the software which can with my interface (which claimed that it was the Shareware version of VAG COM) but it didn't work, so I then downloaded it from your site, and that is what I am currently using. I will try two things:

1) Completely un-install everything I can find related to my interface, and then do a fresh install from your download.

2) Install your download onto my other laptop which has so far had nothing VAGCOM-related installed on it. Incidentally, the other laptop is XP whereas this one is Vista, if that is likely to make any difference?

Anyway, I will report back with my results.

Cheers,
    Ade

0 0 0

7. Re: Measuring Blocks N/A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, thanks to Uwe@Ross-Tech for solving this problem - especially as it was caused by a 3rd party and not a fault with VAG COM:

I again tried to uninstall the drivers for my 3rd party interface and noticed this time that when you uninstall the drivers there is an option to also delete the driver files, which I had originally missed. So, when I tried to reinstall it it just went and used the same drivers it had used previously.

This time I checked the box to delete the driver files, and then did a fresh install without the 3rd party CD. A slight curiosity was that it would now not install by being pointed at the VAG COM directory, but insisted on being allowed to look on the web. Still, after about 5 minutes of searching it finally found some drivers and installed them, and despite some initial skepticism VAG COM connected to my car fine and now shows all 4 columns of the measuring blocks!

It still seems slightly weird that the original drivers seemed to work for so many features of VAGCOM, with the 3 missing measuring block columns being the only noticeable exception, but there you go...

So, I guess a simple lesson has come of this: If you do buy a 3rd party interface, throw any CD that comes with it in the bin and head to the Ross-Tech website

Thanks again!

0 0 0