Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, it's here

Haven't had time to take it for a spin yet, too much to do at work! Had a quick play however, and a couple of initial questions/comments:

1. How do I get the parking brake to auto-release when I drive off (car is a manual)? At the moment, the brake stays on and I get a message in the DIS telling me to release it (manually)

2. I have the B&O system, and like someone else on here, I forget who, there seems to be a chunk of DSP options missing due to the fact the sat-nav is not installed. If so, bit of a con.

3. Phone prep is the shizzle. Where can I see a list of available adaptors? I might be tempted.

Sports seats are very nice, well impressed overall. Will give more opinions tonight after my 130 mile drive home.
    Delivered 27/5/08: B8 A4 2.0TDi SE, Lava Grey, Black Sports Seats, B&O, Cruise Control, Bluetooth, oh and Parking System Plus, gratis - courtesy of Audi

0 0 0

2. Re: Just been delivered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I can only answer number 1 for you.

Just drive off. As long as seatbelt is on, door shut, all is fine. You don't even have to be in gear. Dip the clutch, give it a few revs, and lift the clutch slowly.

Thats how it works on mine, enjoy

0 0 0

3. Re: Just been delivered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On the parking brake, I've had that same message once. I think it was caused by me trying to move off to quickly. Nice and easy does it!

Wishing now I got the phone prep. I misread the brochure and thought you could only get it with the Sat Nav option, but now realise that was the phone prep high. Doh!!
    2011 A4 2.0TDi S-Line quattro (phantom black), 19" 7 Arm Double Spoke Alloys, Damper Control, Parking Plus, AMI, B & O Sound, DAB Radio, Bluetooth Prep Low

0 0 0

4. Re: Just been delivered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Put your seatbelt on!!! The number of times I've tried to drive off whilst putting the belt on and not gone anywhere!!! Rather annoying actually I wish I could switch that feature off!

I have B&O and Nav and I have a "DSP Bang & Olufson" thing in the menu which seem to set up the surround sound. Doesn't mention it being different with nav which is naughty!!! Although ita also doesn't mention that with nav you loose the SD card slot which is annoying.......

Enjoy your drive.....

0 0 0

5. Re: Just been delivered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Guys, seatbelt off is the most likely culprit - I was only trying some car park maneuvering!

By the way, after the parking sensors debacle, it seems I have been given Parking System Plus free of charge - front and rear sensors and a nice graphic on the MMI.
    Delivered 27/5/08: B8 A4 2.0TDi SE, Lava Grey, Black Sports Seats, B&O, Cruise Control, Bluetooth, oh and Parking System Plus, gratis - courtesy of Audi

0 0 0

6. Re: Just been delivered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Dont forget those pictures! A4s coming in thick and fast now but we are lacking photos!
    Aruba Blue B8 S Line 1.8T 160bhp,Piano Black Inlays, Black Stitching, 30mm S Line Drop

0 0 0

7. Re: Just been delivered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1234 View Post
    I have B&O and Nav and I have a "DSP Bang & Olufson" thing in the menu which seem to set up the surround sound. Doesn't mention it being different with nav which is naughty!!! Although ita also doesn't mention that with nav you loose the SD card slot which is annoying.......

Enjoy your drive.....
    Mine says DSP Premium. I believe yours can allocate different sweet spot zones etc?? Mine is just on or off.

0 0 0

8. Re: Just been delivered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats and health to drive.
    AUDI A4 2.0 TDi SE - Only enough money for-
    Hill hold assist
    17in 10 Spoke wheels
    Brilliant Red
    Rear Parking Sensors

0 0 0

9. Cool Re: Just been delivered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkc View Post
    Dont forget those pictures! A4s coming in thick and fast now but we are lacking photos!
    MKC... You'll be happy to hear that my Aruba Blue S-Line is due at the dealer this or next week, I promise I'll post pics as soon as I can so you can see what your car will look like.

Ordered...
    SEAT Ibiza 2.0 TDI FR (5 Door)
    Candy White
    Convenience Pack
    Various Accessories

0 0 0

10. Re: Just been delivered 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks very much!! There are pics of an Aruba blue on here now but can't wait to see what it will look like with the extra bits of body kit, lower, bigger wheels and those LEDs.......... mad isnt it, spending £25K on a car that Ive not even seen.
    Aruba Blue B8 S Line 1.8T 160bhp,Piano Black Inlays, Black Stitching, 30mm S Line Drop

0 0 0