Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I have spoken with 2 dealerships and was given conflicting responses.
    One said it was due change at 60K the other 80K. Does anyone out there have the definitive answer?

My car is a 53 plate A4 Avant 1.9 tdi (130)

Also is this engine a PD?

Thanks
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    60,000miles on the TDi, I think 80K is the petrol variants. Says in the service handbook.

Usually changed with the tensioner pulley and is around £400 at Audi, luckily mine was done before I bought mine. Although when I aksed audi they said it hadn't been done!!

Yes it is a PD.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks,

Spoke to Audi Peterborough service dept this morning, told me my vehicle was definately not a PD. Nice to know £95 per hour gets you quality advice (not!)
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What is the engine code? Nowadays they change the engine spec more often than underwear.

If its a 130 PD it will have the engine code AWX, check either on the label in the front of your handbook or on the cambelt cover of the engine, there is a label with the code (barcode) too.

Or let me know what the first 3 letters are and I'll find out.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, will check code.

What's best oil to use when I do a change?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've heard, if it is a PD engine, then it likes good oil as VAG specified a higher spec due to the 'load' on the cam to run the injectors. Plus its a turbo and they also like good oil.

I've just changed my oil, I used Mobil 1, as it has a low oil capacity (less than 4 litres) its OK to buy a fully synthetic as most only come in 4 litre bottles and with my previous cars I've had to buy 2 bottles. Castrol Magnatec is good, this is a semi oil. Castrol Edge is good, this is a fully synthetic.

I also use engine oil flush before putting new oil in, keeps it a bit cleaner, although a diesel blacks the oil quickly.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does it need to be a fully synthetic oil to keep it on the variable service?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think so, or as Audi calls it, long life oil.

Are you doing the service yourself? The reason I ask is when the service indicator is reset, if you want a variable service interval, this has to be done via the Diagnostic computer. You can reset the service via the dash but this is a fixed 10,000mile interval which does actually vary upon how the car is driven.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The service is getting done by an independant, so not sure if he will have the tools to reset via the diagnostic computer.
    He said he uses Q8 Formula G long life 5w-30 oil.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I drive an A4 1.9TDi SE (130) on a 53 plate so was interested in your post because mine has done 57000 miles. Went to Audi York and they said interval was 60000 and would cost in region of £300-350. Went back (for another reason a couple of weeks later) and they checked chassis number of my car, looked through pages of data and on a computer and said 80000 miles. Went to an independent VW-Audi garage in Leeds and they said 60000 miles was best because Audi had tinkered with intervals but had had some problems as a result of doing this. The garage said they also replaced tensioners, rollers and water pump at the same time qutoing £340+VAT. This garage certainly seemed to know what they were talking about and were confident in their work. Got back to Audi dealership who again checked chassis number of my car and said it was 60000 miles and would cost £360, but that the tensioners also needed replacing and the total cost would then be £430. If I wanted rollers and water pump doing too they would do that but it would add more to the cost (in the region of £100). Dealership did not fill me with same confidence because mileage kept changing every time I visited. Have booked car in at independent garage. Hope this helps - it seems very confusing!
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast