1. Re: #### The NEW Towbar Thread - please read to help others #### 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have a 2006 A4 Cab, please can you tell me where you got the towbar from? I am having issues finding one that will post to Holland where I am currently working (I have my car here)

0 0 0

2. Re: #### The NEW Towbar Thread - please read to help others #### 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Try www.pfjones.co.uk. Excellent service and I'm sure they do post to Europe.

1 0 0

3. Re: #### The NEW Towbar Thread - please read to help others #### 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Cheekeemonkey, yes we can ship to Holland, here are the towbars we sell for the A4 Cabrio 2005- and the shipping is £25 to the Netherlands at the moment for towbars. Thanks.
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 1 0

4. Re: #### The NEW Towbar Thread - please read to help others #### 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. Just to give a little feedback. I fitted the westfalia detachable towbar and dedicated 7 pin electrics to my 2012 (facelift) a4 b8 avant s-line (purshased from pf jones).
    The car is 2.0 tdi 143 bhp, 6 spd manual, only reverse sensor, concert mmi (no nav or picture of the car while parking). The car was not factory prep, so no bigger fan & no red plug in the foam (not plug and play). I am not going to tow fat trailers or caravans... so I am not worried about overheating.

Fitted following the instructions supplied:
    Mechanical side is very easy following the instructions. I just did not cut the valence underneat the bumper as big as the instructions.

Electrical was more tricky has it is not factory prep, so just follow the instructions step by step.
    My car is 2012 onward (no red fuse holders), so you had to join a cable to the electonic parking brake module. I havent come accross this on any forum "how to".
    You have to "join" to the small gauge black wire pin 22 of the EPB (electronic parking brake). It is a +12v after ignition. I soldered and heat-shrinked it instead of using the vampire crimp supplied. I think the procedure is the same for all Q5 <2012.

Then when you reconnect your battery you get the usual esp error.

I coded with vcds. In order to code properly (for newbies), ignition on, handbrake on, engine off, and a battery charger on is best. My car being different and newer it coded slightly different than what is on the web:

[19 - CAN Gateway]->[Installation List]->Tick 69 - Trailer (I have done this one first as it will ad the trailer module to the canbus system.)

[01 - Engine] NOT DONE AS I DONT HAVE THE DOUBLE FAN OR HEAVY DUTY ALTERNATOR
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 4, Bits 0-3 Changed from 0011 to 0100

[01 - Engine]
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 5, Bit 4 Changed from 0 to 1
    (via check box "Trailer Installed" in VCDS)

[03 - ABS Brakes][Security Access - 16] (Enter code presented by program)
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 1, Bit 7 Changed from 0 to 1
    (via check box "Trailer Hitch Installed" in VCDS)

[09 - Central Elec]
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 18, Bit 5 Changed from 0 to 1
    (via check box "Trailer Hitch Installed" in VCDS)

[10 - Park / Steer Assist] NOT DONE AS MY CAR DOES NOT HAVE IT
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 0, Bits 0-3 Changed from 0000 to 0001 [Trailer Hitch Not Installed to Trailer Hitch Installed (Manually Removable) via pull-down list in VCDS]

[5F - Information Elec] NOT DONE AS I ONLY HAVE CONCERT RADIO
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 10, Bit 5 Changed from 0 to 1

[69 - Trailer] I think it is byte 1, you have to pick within 3 choice of location for trailer set up. It must have something to do with the trailer lights. Being in Ireland, I picked "Rest of the World".

Then i bought the towbar holder 8T0 011 213 B for €13 in Audi and now it fit snug beside the spare wheel.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123