1. S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just had a call from Newbury Audi to say that I can't have the 19'' double spoke wheels with the lowered 30mm suspension. This was after I placed the order 2 weeks ago.

The lady informs me that Audi Production have said that these 2 things are incompatible and possibly cause problems so they will not allow this combination.

... so anyway, I've decided on the wheels with the standard 20mm drop.

Audi A4 S-line 2.0 dti
    Mobile Phone Preparation - Low
    Hill Hold Assist Deletion Of Capacity Designation At Rear
    Cruise Control
    Interior Light Pack
    Bang And Olufsen Sound System
    Metallic Paint
    8.5J 19in 7 Arm Dble Spk Whls + 255/35R
    Parking System Plus

Hopefully will look something like this but in ice silver
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very strange, I to have orderd an 2.0 Tdi A4 S-line with 19" 7 double spoke wheels with lowered 30mm S-line suspension, order has gone through with no problems build week 21.
    I would give Audi customer services a call to check this out for you, don't seem right to me.
    Good luck, J.

0 0 0

3. Re: S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Julian,

I spoke to Audi this morning about this issue and they confirm they have received notification dated 9/05/08 which states that they will not take orders with the 19'' wheels and S-Line 30mm drop suspension or Audi Drive Select. This went out to all dealers on Friday.

The guy suggested (not official but his view) that Audi have discovered that adversely laden cars or in situations of extreme acceleration/braking causes tyre rubber scrape on 19'' wheels with these combinations.

0 0 0

4. Re: S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does this mean that the orders that have already been placed will come with the 30mm drop onthe 19's or its only if you order now they will not make them ?
    HODGE

0 0 0

5. Re: S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Given that the 19 inch wheels cost £600ish and the lowering is free I would suspect your car will turn up with the wheels running at 20mm lower.......... not the other way around!

0 0 0

6. Re: S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard this from a guy in Norway....

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...d=1#post541022

I checked with Audi and they said all was fine. Will be checking again tomorrow....

0 0 0

7. Re: S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi chaps, Rang my dealer today regarding the alleged suspension problems Audi have with the 19” wheels. The dealership are unaware of any problems, he checked my order to see if any changes had been made, order was still showing 19” 7 arm double spoke wheels with S-line 30mm drop suspension. Build week is confirmed at week 21, which is next week, I would have thought if Audi was to make any changes to the spec they would have contacted the dealership by now.

0 0 0

8. Re: S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After hearing how some people have managed to order this combination I contacted my Audi dealer again for a more detailed explanation.

They have again confirmed that you can definitely not order this combination as of last Thursday (I’ve included the official Audi correspondence that has gone out to all the dealers)
    http://highwaytg.picturepush.com/sho...9589&clid=8957

Strangely (and frustratingly) Audi Sales Office are automatically dropping of the 30mm suspension with this combination, my dealer only found out by chance that it was done.

This was my dealer response via email :

As per our earlier conversation please find the attached information
    regarding the 19 inch alloy wheels and 30mm S-Line suspension..... again sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused!!! As explained your order was automatically amended by sales office and the suspension was removed and is no longer available.
    Last edited by HighwayTG; 13-05-2008 at 05:02 PM.

0 0 0

9. Re: S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sad news indeed. Audi UK have today confimed that the 19's are not compatible with the S-line (30mm) suspension. They are available with the Sports (20mm) suspension.

At least I get to know before ordering....you guys must be sick as a dog.

0 0 0

10. Re: S-line 30mm suspension + 19'' Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had a call from my dealership today, they have been in touch with Audi sales office who have confirmed that my A4 S-line will be built with the 30mm drop S-line suspension and 19” wheels. There appears to be a supply problem with 2009 build year A4’s hence the reason around May 8th Audi dropped the S-line suspension with 19” wheels, still don’t explain how you can order S-line suspension with 18” wheels, probably more popular with the 19’s

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast