1. New Phaeton 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just joined in the past 2 weeks, before I bought my Phaeton.

I saw a 2008 model Phaeton with the Bi-Xenon and LED lights at the front and decided I wanted one. Similar to R8/A5 style.

Just got a 2008 3.0 tdi model from VW. Sunroof, 19" Helios, TV, Comfort seats, Elect. boot, Bi-xenons and telephone. A £46k list price , 4 months old 5,000 miles. Bought for for £30k. I think I've got a good deal. Any comments?

I've had it for 7 days and cannot believe the attention it is attracting. Many enquiries about it.

Also, how much are those 'little' tyres gonna cost me at change time?

How do I get sat-nav updates?

I'm getting 24 mpg taking it easy around town. Off onto the motorway tomorrow 500 miles. Will see what that delivers.

Anything else I should know about this car?

Cheers.

0 0 0

2. Re: New Phaeton 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZOR1965 View Post
    Just joined in the past 2 weeks, before I bought my Phaeton.

I saw a 2008 model Phaeton with the Bi-Xenon and LED lights at the front and decided I wanted one. Similar to R8/A5 style.

Just got a 2008 3.0 tdi model from VW. Sunroof, 19" Helios, TV, Comfort seats, Elect. boot, Bi-xenons and telephone. A £46k list price , 4 months old 5,000 miles. Bought for for £30k. I think I've got a good deal. Any comments?

I've had it for 7 days and cannot believe the attention it is attracting. Many enquiries about it.

Also, how much are those 'little' tyres gonna cost me at change time?

How do I get sat-nav updates?

I'm getting 24 mpg taking it easy around town. Off onto the motorway tomorrow 500 miles. Will see what that delivers.

Anything else I should know about this car?

Cheers.
    Seems like a good price mate, but I would have haggled a bit harder all the same, these cars drop like a stone unfortunately.
    It's surprising the attention it gets for an "understated" car, I've had a guy come along side me and get his mate to video the car LOL
    Saying that, most people have no idea at all what it is, but those in "the know" all want to know about it, I think we can thank Clarkson for that

My tyres are the 18"'s and they cost £250 each so yours will be more.
    It's not the size, but the load rating thats the problem, I could only find two tyre types that would do, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's and The Dunlop SP Sport 9000's that came on it.
    Don't buy the Pirellis, they are the worst tyre I've ever had.
    Make sure whatever you get are "extra Load" tyres!!!!!!!

Sat Nav updates can be had from The Dealer (includes the Manual)
    Or direct from the mapping company (much cheaper) I can't remember who this is, but I think it says on the disk.

I'm getting 22-23 mpg around town in my petrol you must have a heavy right foot.

Anyway, enjoy the new motor, mines been an absolute joy so far (3 years)

0 0 0

3. Re: New Phaeton 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi..my first time too,

I think you have yourself the bargain of the year. Not seen the latest model yet but those lights sound great.

I have had my 3.0tdi for a little over year now and love every minute in it...never been approached in a car park before over a car!

I have the 18" perfomance wheels and have just replaced all tyres with the same Dunlops as standard, and payed £128 fully inclusive per tyre. I am lucky enough to be near Micheldever Tyres in Hampshire where I am confident you will not get a better price. They do have outlets nationally but the prices do vary...so a visit to Micheldever could save you money.
    On the subject of sat nav I have not been able to establish what system I have (I asume you have the latest DVD system which could be different again). All VW sat nav's are on the "tele atlas" web site but the Phaeton is not listed so I am still in the dark. I understand that the Phaeton system is total rubbish as very little works. This is because VW have not paid the necessary lisences in this country, but go abroad and it "comes alive". This is not made clear when the salesman are after your money.

Happy driving.....I am.

0 0 0

4. Re: New Phaeton 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by churcher View Post
    Hi..my first time too,

I think you have yourself the bargain of the year. Not seen the latest model yet but those lights sound great.

I have had my 3.0tdi for a little over year now and love every minute in it...never been approached in a car park before over a car!

I have the 18" perfomance wheels and have just replaced all tyres with the same Dunlops as standard, and payed £128 fully inclusive per tyre. I am lucky enough to be near Micheldever Tyres in Hampshire where I am confident you will not get a better price. They do have outlets nationally but the prices do vary...so a visit to Micheldever could save you money.
    On the subject of sat nav I have not been able to establish what system I have (I asume you have the latest DVD system which could be different again). All VW sat nav's are on the "tele atlas" web site but the Phaeton is not listed so I am still in the dark. I understand that the Phaeton system is total rubbish as very little works. This is because VW have not paid the necessary lisences in this country, but go abroad and it "comes alive". This is not made clear when the salesman are after your money.

Happy driving.....I am.
    I feel totally ripped off on the price I paid now!!!!!
    Pity there's no Micheldever in N. Ireland

0 0 0

5. Re: New Phaeton 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just bought a Phaeton 3.0 CR tdi with 150 miles on from my local dealer for £30K, got just about every option fitted, is there anything I need to check when I collect it on Friday???

0 0 0

6. Re: New Phaeton 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by omsbham View Post
    Just bought a Phaeton 3.0 CR tdi with 150 miles on from my local dealer for £30K, got just about every option fitted, is there anything I need to check when I collect it on Friday???
    Nothing at all. Been driving my LWB 3.0 for the last 4 weeks now and all I can say is that it's the finest car I've driven. Got back from a round trip to Skelmersdale the other day and I felt as refreshed as I'd just started.

They really are wonderful places to eat up motorway miles in total refinement.

Tim

0 0 0