Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello All VW Fans....

I have been a proud VW driver for many years, my first car was a brand new 1998 VW Golf "Deco" MK1 shape, (in South Africa) you can still buy the MK1 brand new. They have right up to a 2008 model.... anyway I dont want on of these. I want a very old model, the one with the chrome bumpers etc... they look wicked once pimped.

I am about to purchase the one pictured below, needs a lot of work but it is a project I have always wanted to embark upon.

Can anybody give me some advice and also to satisfy that feeling deep down where I keep thinking I will be wasting my time that once completed this project will be very worth it.... I also need some advice from you guys/gals where I can purchase the chrome bumpers (front & rear) with worldwide shipping etc...

Thanks Alot...
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: 84 Mk1 - Optimistic Advice Needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Keeping any oldskool dub on the road has got to be good...
    try looking at www.volkswarenhaus.de for your small bumpers and lots of other bits you might need.

0 0 0

3. Re: 84 Mk1 - Optimistic Advice Needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco-w View Post
    Keeping any oldskool dub on the road has got to be good...
    try looking at www.volkswarenhaus.de for your small bumpers and lots of other bits you might need.
    also look at ebay, at times u do get stuff in ebay thts decent.
    gt

0 0 0

4. Re: 84 Mk1 - Optimistic Advice Needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another one saved, good on you fella! I'm told theres a fair few parts which are interchangeable between the citi and the original mk1, but i would imagine this depends on model etc. Small rear light panels come up for sale from time to time to for that proper series 1 look. Get stuck in

Tom

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Air Con problem, advice needed.
    By TDI in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2018, 09:06 PM
  2. Advice needed please help
    By stigger in forum Audi A3 - Archive Topics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-04-2008, 12:54 PM
  3. EGR advice needed