1. Potential new owner needs advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good morning all you Audi fans out there.
    I am looking at buying an 1995 Audi 80E 2.6 V6, Ive done a search on here but cant seem to find a buyers guide. The car in question has covered 145000 miles.
    Can anyone please advize me on what Ineed to watch out for when viewingthe car. Im not new to cars by any means. I currently own a Nissan 200sx which is off the road for an engine rebuild, in the meantime I am going on holiday and need an estate car as I will be carrying me, my wife, my sister in law, my 11 year oldnephew and a 9 month old baby.

Please can anyone help me out.
    Many thanks in advance
    Simon

0 0 0

2. Re: Potential new owner needs advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get a coupe you can remove the parcel shelf and i think you'll find the boot to be as big as an estate. i don't know if it's the same with the 80's but the coupe's sometimes leak water in rear light clusters and power steering pump can be a bit temperamental. Body though as you know is fully galvanized so you shouldn't have any problems there. Brakes should be fierce and check for knocking sounds on full lock either when dry steering or at slow speed. Oh one other thing i would check is if there is any whine when you change gear- possible thrust bearing gone on clutch. I drove mine though with a loud thrust bearing for a year but if your planning on keeping the car this will need attending to.

0 0 0

3. Re: Potential new owner needs advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you,
    The car I am going took at is an estate the coupe really isnt an option (need 4 doors). So all in all it should be ok if its been looked after?

0 0 0

4. Re: Potential new owner needs advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah pretty robust, your buying German reliability. Oh one other thing i had the engine mounts go on my 89 coupe with 149,000miles on, worth checking to see if they have ever been replaced and when this was done. On the 2litre 8v they were rubber so usual wear and tear, cheap though to replace if needs be, but another bargaining point to get the price down.

0 0 0

5. Re: Potential new owner needs advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks again
    my main concern is the engine being a 2.6 V6 and I dont know anything about them but I need a big car pronto and this one im looking at seems to fit the bill.

I work on Audis on a daily basis albeit on the electrical side (handsfree car kit fitter) so I know about the build quality lol and as such I do like Audis which is why im considering one.

Once my 200SX is back on the road the plan is to let my missus have it as her car got written off, we were managing fine until the engine blew on the 200.

0 0 0

6. Re: Potential new owner needs advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the 2litre unit I had created no problems with similar mileage as the one your looking at. The only thing i can suggest is check for white smoke on start up (suggesting cracked head, burning oil) the usual really.

sorry i can't be of anymore help. Engine though I imagine will be bullet proof and shouldn't have any flat spots, should pull right through the rev range 2l 8v did so I would expect the same from a 2.6

0 0 0

7. Re: Potential new owner needs advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi i've got a 94 2.6ltr quatro estate. they are good cars very reliable but can be a bit heavy on the gas if you are doing a lot of town/ stop start driving. one thing that is a fault with then is to do with wireing, this is a fault with a lot of them. the left hand wireing loom in the boot door often the wires break down due to a lot of opening and closing of the rear door you can get a new wire loom for it but expensive and hard to get at so you may find the back window wiper dosn't work properly or work at all (like mine) hope this helps a bit

0 0 0