Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know what suspension comes with a S Line. I have a document which I downloaded from a thread in this forum that says

Sport suspension (S line suspension (30mm lower) available in lieu of Sport suspension at no charge)

That makes no sense to me. Do I have to request S Line Suspension lowered 30mm or does it come as standard. Or do I read that as S Line Suspension is standard on a S Line (as you would expect) but I can change it to Sport Suspesion at no extra charge? Whats the difference?

Also, anyone know if the drivers armrest and door inserts are Cloth or Leather in the Cloth/part leather S Line interior!

0 0 0

2. Re: S Line/Sports Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    from what I understand the s line sports suspension is 20mm lower then SE as standard but that you can request 30mm lower instead free of charge. seems bizarre to me

0 0 0

3. Re: S Line/Sports Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, Im confused even more now

Anybody else care to comment? Im not concerned about the ride on 19inch wheels but would rather have the car lowered to 30mm if possible, esp if its free!!

What did those waiting for a S Line request in their build?

0 0 0

4. Re: S Line/Sports Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I read this too. I think there will be some very angry customers if you have to specify the 30mm. Most expect this as standard without having to ask???

0 0 0

5. Re: S Line/Sports Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just ordered one. When going through the spec with the dealer he told me it was 30mm. He didn't say it was to be specified.

0 0 0

6. Re: S Line/Sports Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

the thing is:
    you can order "ordinary" sport suspension which is 20min lower than normal. I tried it and it is harder and it is louder.

When you order S-line exterior package you can then say that you want sport suspension which is 30min lower and made by quattro gmbh at no charge, but only if you order s line exterior. I supose that suspension is more louder and harder.

And also, if you order S-line exterior package you dont get S-line interior package.

I hope that I helped.
    Regards

0 0 0

7. Re: S Line/Sports Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Why would you order the interior and not the exterior? Surely if you order a S Line you get the Interior and Exterior, or do you mean you buy a SE but can ask for the S Line body kit?....... Looks like Im going to have to speak to the dealer again.

0 0 0

8. Re: S Line/Sports Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I think ove got to the bottom of the 30mm and 20mm suspension issue.

New online config tool makes it clear

S line trim
    at £2500 RRP on top of SE
    Includes:
    Wheels, tyres and suspension
    18 x 8J '5 spoke' S line design alloy wheels with 245/40 R18 tyres
    Sport suspension 20mm lower than Standard. (S line suspension 30mm lower than standard available in lieu of Sport suspension at no charge)
    Space-saving spare wheel
    Interior equipment
    3-spoke S line multi-function steering wheel (paddle shift for Automatic models)
    Black headlining
    Matt brushed aluminium inlays
    Perforated leather gear knob
    S line embossed Sport seats in cloth/leather combination
    S line sill plates
    Exterior equipment
    Bumper 'blade' in Platinum optic
    Chrome fog light surround
    Chrome rolled exhaust
    S line exterior styling package including:
    S line side skirts
    S line front bumper
    S line rear diffuser
    S line badges on wings
    Xenon headlights with LED running lights
    Additional upholstery information
    Option of black or silver stitching to upholstery, steering wheel, gearshift gaiters and floor mats.

So the S Line comes with "Sports" supsension which is 20mm lower than the standard/SE suspension. If you want it lowered 30mm you have to ask for it. Why on earth a S Line would come with 20mm Sports supsension and not the 30mm S Line suspension I have no idea. Im waiting for the dealer to come back to me as Ill change my spec order. Will be interesting to see these first S Lines turn up lowered only 20mm...........anyone gonna complain?

So the chap above was correct. S Line supsension needs to be specified on your S Line order........ odd. Glad I can change my order. Ive just Emailed my dealer and ill let you know what they come back with

0 0 0

9. Re: S Line/Sports Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, I've got one of these on order that should be here next week so fingers crossed I and the dealer got it right! It seems that the standard s-line pack includes 20mm lower sports suspension but there is a no cost option to drop it a further 10mm (I went for that of course)

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...8244&ajax=true

This seems to be an audi thing showing the s-line bits....... but doesn't really clarify the suspension bit.

They've also stopped the option of 19" wheels which is a bit annoying so I'll be on 18's for a short period until I buy some nicer ones! (and dropped parking sensors form standard fit)

Will report when I have my new black beauty!!!

0 0 0

10. Re: S Line/Sports Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Audi UK have replied with

"Yes you will need to specify that you want it 30mm lower, as the default is 20mm lower than standard. As stated, this is a no cost option"

So those of you who were told other wise I will be interested to see how your car turns up. I know 10mm is not much but I feel it adds to the appearance of the car, its a free option. I would be annoyed if I was not given the option, told it came at 30mm and it turned up at 20mm.

Good luck with what you get.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast