1. Red face Diesel R8! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is the diesel r8 going to go into production?Does anyone else thing that there should be a big set of audi rings on the grille of the r8 rather than the little ones on the bonnet? It would look so much nicer and fit in with the rest of the new range

0 0 0

2. Re: Diesel R8! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there will be a diesel R8, not confirmed if its the high powered v12 of the test car or a higher volume lower powered model. depends on a marketing decision.

0 0 0

3. Talking Re: Diesel R8! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    V12 please....

0 0 0

4. Re: Diesel R8! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I thought the R8 TDi has been confirmed now - I read in Autocar that Audi wants to be the first manufacturer to have a full range of performance diesel's - sounds like fun !
    Current - 2002 Audi A6 2.5TDi Avant quattro (loved), 2012 Ford S Max 2.2 tdci Titanium X (serves a purpose), 1983 VW Golf GTI campaign (loved)
    Previous - 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Lux (gone, hated), 2002 Audi A3 1.9TDi Sport quattro (gone, liked and missed), 2011 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone, loved and missed), 2007 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone thankfully), 1999 Audi A6 2.5TDi quattro (gone, loved and missed)

0 0 0

5. Re: Diesel R8! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nope, audi a keeping very quiet as to exactly what the diesel will be. as mentioned above, it coiuld be a range topper v12 or a smaller unit. either way the petrol v10 will beout first, no turbos unlike the RS6 though.

the prob with the v12 is that it needs a whole new gearbox engineered, everything audi currently has just disintegrates in about 100 yards with all that torque. the concept car has a standard a4 box fitted, but the engine has been limited to about half power/torque. even with half the torque available it will happily drive up into sixth gear with the engine just idling, no throttle. madness.

i think the diesel r8 looks even better than the currnet model. slightly more bulky.

0 0 0

6. Re: Diesel R8! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    In autocar a few weeks ago they did a full write up of the R8 with the V12 TDi, then in the 23rd April issue they said 'R8 TDi concept will make it into production'. From what I have read they had a lot of issues firstly getting the engine to fit, then to keep it cool enough. At least one very publically burnt at the side of a certain public race track in Germany last year from what I remember reading.

In this weeks issue they have a review of the TT TDi - diesel is taking over

Audi would be mad NOT to go ahead with the R8 in my opinion, I first saw one at Goodwood FOS last year, then heard a few running around the track at Audi International, beautiful bit of kit.

Might do an extra couple of lines this saturday night......
    Current - 2002 Audi A6 2.5TDi Avant quattro (loved), 2012 Ford S Max 2.2 tdci Titanium X (serves a purpose), 1983 VW Golf GTI campaign (loved)
    Previous - 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Lux (gone, hated), 2002 Audi A3 1.9TDi Sport quattro (gone, liked and missed), 2011 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone, loved and missed), 2007 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone thankfully), 1999 Audi A6 2.5TDi quattro (gone, loved and missed)

0 0 0

7. Re: Diesel R8! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It looks even nicer in red...

Ferrari should begetting worried...

http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...s/06/images/1/

0 0 0

8. Re: Diesel R8! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but its still a diesel !!! a super car should be petrol ! next you will be wanting an DB9 or an Enzo in diesel !!!

yours
    Mr PETROLhead !!

0 0 0

9. Re: Diesel R8! 
    omegadirective Guest
    Not necessarily. I wouldn't mind a diesel supercar! The only thing I would mind would not be having that awesome noise the petrol engines make. Having a diesel slip by you with hardly a whisper is just wrong. Noise is needed!

0 0 0

10. Re: Diesel R8! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc View Post
    It looks even nicer in red...

Ferrari should begetting worried...

http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...s/06/images/1/
    I think Ferrari has other alternatives. Performance can be matched no problem it is only the economy the diesel has over a petrol engine. At those price levels buyers really don't car about fuel costs.

Ferrari's answer is to reduce weight further. I am of course biased but would have any Ferrari over an Audi.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast